At the time of running of QuickBooks if you are getting an error message “Error Code: Company File not found” this signifies that QuickBooks is not able to connect with company file or when you trying to open the file which is mentioned in “No Company Open Window”.
Make sure, if at all your company is not connected with network then you can directly locate your QuickBooks company file by :
- Click File >> Select “Open or Restore Company”
- Click on Start menu >> Use search to locate your file
If you are accessing your QuickBooks file over the network, follow below mentioned steps:
Method 1: Ping server to ensure connectivity of network
- Mention name of your server computer
- On keyboard, press Windows logo +R
- Enter cmd >> Click OK
- Enter ipconfig/all >> Press Enter
- Write HostName
- Type ping[name of server] >> Enter
- Wait for reply for each individual packet
- if reply is seen, means you are connected to network
- Else, not connected with network
Method 2: Search for (*) ALL company files
Type following files into search bar with asterix sign (*)
- *.qbw(Working Files)
- *.qbb(Backup Files)
- *.qba(Accountant Copy Files)
- *.qbx(Accountant Transfer Files)
- *.qby(Accountant Change Files)
Once file is found, step forward to method 3 else contact QuickBooks Support USA
- Opening a company file (.qbw) or an accountant’s copy (.qba)
- From File >>Sselect Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open a Company File >> click Next.
- Select the company file >> Click Open.
- Restoring a Backup (.qbb)
- From File >> Select Open or Restore Company.
- Select Restore a Backup File >> click Next.
- Select Local backup.
- Select the company file >> click Next.
- Choose location where you want to save restored >> click Save.
- Restore an Accountants Copy Transfer file (.qbx)
- From File >> Select Open or Restore a company.
- Click Convert and Accountant’s Copy Transfer File >> click Next.
- If What the Accountant’s Copy Can and Can’t Do window is displayed, click Next.
- Select the transfer file (.qbx) >> click Open.
- Choose location where you want to save Accountant’s Copy File >> click Save.
Hope, this post has debugged all errors till now. If you still face any kind of issue related to this article feel free to contact QuickBooks Customer Care our technical team is available 24X7 or you can directly mail us at email@example.com.