QuickBooks is used by small to medium sized companies and it is the best accounting software as per user’s experience. Today we will learn how to record, edit, and delete expenses in QuickBooks Online with the help of QuickBooks Desktop Support experts. We will show you how to resolve it by following the below given steps:
How to record an expense.
Users need to follow these steps if they already paid for a business expense and need to record it in QuickBooks:
- First of all, click & select + new, after than select Expense.
- Click & select the vendor from the Payee field.
- Click & select the account you used to pay for the expense.
- Now type the date for the expense in the Payment date field.
- Click & select how you paid for the expense in the Payment method field
- Now type a Ref no or Permit no, if you want.
- Type the preferred label to categorize your money.
- In the Category details section, enter the expense info. In the Category dropdown, select the expense account you use to track expense transactions. Then enter a description. Tip: You can also enter specific products and services in the Item details section to itemize the expense.
- Type the Amount and Tax.
- In case, if you plan to bill a customer for the expense, then choose the Billable checkbox and type their name in the Customer field.
- Once you’re done, click & select Save and close.
Users can also type notes in the Memo field. This will appear in the account register, on printed checks, and on reports.
How to manage expenses
In order to edit an expense
If users are looking to change or edit their expenses, then they need to follow the below steps:
- First of all, navigate to the Expenses menu. Then select the Expenses tab.
- Next search the expense you want to edit, and then select View/Edit option in the Action column.
- Now you can update the transaction as needed.
- After that, select Save and close.
How to review your expenses.
If you want to see the income and expenses for each customer, then please follow the steps:
- First, navigate to the Reports menu.
- Next you can run an Income by Customer Summary report.
How to delete an expense.
- First of all, navigate to the Expenses menu & select Expenses tab.
- Next you need to find the expense you want to delete.
- Now click & select View/Edit ▼ dropdown in the Action column, then select Delete.
- Now click yes to confirm that you want to delete the transaction.
When you delete an expense, it disappears from reports as well. But you are still able to see a record of it in the Audit log.
The above given information through this blog will be a help for users to know how to record, edit, and delete expenses in QuickBooks Online. If still, they come across with any issue, then we will recommend you to directly call our QuickBooks Support Phone Number via visiting our website www.quickbooksupport.net. You can also mail a draft to us @ email@example.com.