If you are using QuickBooks and wants to add an EIN to a QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription, then no need to worry as we are here to show you how to add an EIN to an existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll account with the help of QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Support Phone Number.
Requirements and limitations.
We have mentioned few requirements and limitations:
If you are planning to add a company file that has an existing service key to your own subscription, then you need to contact us for assistance.
- User must have the latest supported version of QuickBooks desktop.
- User should use the same registered copy of QuickBooks Desktop, on the same machine, in order to process payroll for all companies on a single payroll subscription.
- As per EIN, QuickBooks Desktop Payroll can only support one company data file, if users will Attempt to use multiple company files under the same EIN and payroll subscription then it may cause errors.
- Both information (contact and payroll administrator for the payroll subscription) will be the same for all companies which you add to a single subscription.
- If you pay your employees with Direct Deposit (DD), you can have multiple companies (separate data files with different EINs) with DD on the same DIY Payroll subscription.
- There is a limit on adding the number of companies to a single subscription. These kinds of limits are basically based on company data files, not number of employees.
- In case, if you have taken an Enhanced Payroll for Accountants license owner, then we will recommend against giving your service keys to your clients. If you will do so then it may cause your payroll subscription account to be exposed to unauthorized users.
|Service||Maximum number of EINS|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced for Accountants||50|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted||Each EIN is charged separately. Discounts apply for multiple companies|
Add EIN to your subscription.
In order to add an EIN to your latest QuickBooks desktop then you need to follow the steps given below:
- First, choose Employees, then click & select Payroll.
- Next click on use My Existing Payroll Service.
Note: In case, if you are not able to see this option, then you need to follow the steps here “Use my existing payroll service option is not available.”
- Click & select Use Subscription Number XXXXXXX [ Payroll Subscription Version ] from Identify Subscription
If any point of time, you are not able to see your own subscription in the list, then select Other: I have an existing subscription and a Zip Code. And then type your information.
- Click & select Open, then select Next.
- Once the Add Company Information window opens, then you need to select Next to add the company EIN.
- After that, it is required to Print or Return to QuickBooks Desktop by choosing it.
- Users need to verify the Service Key.
- Choose Employees, then click on My Payroll Service, then Manage Service Keys.
- Click & select View to display new service key.
In case, if you need to add a company file?
In order to create a QuickBooks Desktop company file then you have to purchase a subscription directly from Intuit prior by following below given steps.
- Take note of the service key of the EIN you are adding.
- Next, navigate to Employees, then click & select Payroll, then type Payroll Service Key.
- Click & select Add. Then type the service key as one number without hyphens.
- In case, if your company files already have the payroll service key in it, then you need to select Edit instead of Add. Then type the Service Key.
- After that, click & select Next, and then click Finish.
- Once the new tax table downloaded then all payroll functions will be activated in your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
We believed that the above given information in this blog will be helpful for all users to know how to add an EIN to an existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll account with the help of QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number. Still, if you face any issues or problems related to QuickBooks Application, then you can directly contact our support team via call or chat by clicking on our website www.quickbooksupport.net. You can also email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.