When you try to run a payroll update, you get the following error code: 15311. If you answered yes, it’s likely that the server isn’t responding or that your digital signature hasn’t been checked. There’s no need to be concerned because the mistake can be fixed using the methods outlined in this document, and without the need for professional assistance. We’ll take you through the whole nine yards of error-fixing strategies in this blog, so you can get rid of QuickBooks payroll error code 15311. If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact QuickBooks error support.
The reasons of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15311 are as follows:
One of the most common causes of QuickBooks Desktop update error 15311 is an invalid digital signature and defective internet settings. Nevertheless, error message 15311 may be caused by a variety of other factors.
- The QuickBooks Software’s ability to run the process can be restricted by the Windows Firewall.
- It’s possible that the error code is caused by incorrect internet settings.
- It’s possible that the server isn’t reacting.
- The digital signature could not be checked by QuickBooks.
- Malware or malicious viruses may have corrupted the device.
Some effective solutions to fix the QuickBooks error 15311
We’ve described a few debugging options that will assist users in resolving the vexing QuickBooks Error 15311, which usually occurs while running a payroll update. Every one of the approaches described here is capable of fixing payroll update error 15311 and has been tested. To solve the problem, use any of the methods above. Users can, however, be required to pursue several error-fixing solutions in certain cases.
Solution 1: Install the Digital Signature Certificates
The most common source of error code 15311 is an invalid digital signature. As a result, several professional advisors recommend that users install digital signature certificates to address the technical issue. It is the most popular error Xing fix and can be completed easily without the help of an expert.
- To open Windows File Manager, hold Windows + E on your keyboard.
- In the search bar, type C:/Program Files/Intuit/QuickBooks.
- Scan for the QBW32.exe in the QuickBooks folder by pressing the “Enter” key on the keyboard.
- Right-click on the QBW32.exe executable and select Properties.
- Check the list of Digital Signatures under the “Digital Signature” tab in this step.
- On the Intuit Inc digital signature, select Information.
- Then, in the Digital Signature Details window, select the “View Certificate” option.
- Then, in the Certificate window, select the “Install Certificate” option.
- Tap the “Next” button before the “Finish” option appears. After that, click “Finish” and restart your computer.
- Now it’s your turn to reinstall QuickBooks Payroll to get the most recent features.
If the error message continues to show on your computer screen, it’s likely that your payroll subscription isn’t working. We’ll show you how to unlock your payroll subscription in the next solution to stop the vexing error message 15311.
Solution 2: Check to see if your Payroll subscription is still available.
If you’re not sure whether your Payroll subscription is active or not, After this, to figure out the actual status, follow the measures outlined below. Additionally, you can also use the instructions to unlock your payroll subscription so that you can easily run a software update. To get the best results, closely observe the action.
- Go to the “Employees” tab in the QuickBooks application.
- Choose the option “My Payroll Services” under the “Employees” tab.
- Select “Manage Service Key” from the drop-down menu.
- To monitor the validity of your service key, click “View.”
- Make sure it’s turned on.
- If the status is Not Active, click “Add” and enter the service key you received via email.
- Return the application by clicking the “OK” button.
If the error message persists after applying the debugging approaches described above, we recommend moving on to the next solutions listed below.
Solution 3: Use the batch file Reboot.bat to re-register QuickBooks files.
- During the debugging process pay close attention to each move and make sure nothing is missed.
- “QuickBooks Desktop Application” should be closed.
- Now, on your system’s screen, right-click the QuickBooks button.
- Pick “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- To pick, click “Open File Location.”
- Reboot is where you should go.
- Right-click on the bat files in the QuickBooks folder.
- Additionally, select “Run as Administrator” and wait until the cycle of registering all QuickBooks files with Windows is finished.
- Once the DOS window has vanished restart your machine and monitor the status of error 15311.
If this troubleshooting approach doesn’t work, you should try resetting QuickBooks Desktop Updates to see if it helps you fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15311.
Solution 4: Reset QuickBooks Desktop Updates
Resetting the QuickBooks accounting software is a tried-and-true approach for resolving several payroll update errors. According to QB’s certified experts, it also works well in addressing error code 15311, based on the cause of the issue.
- On your computer, open the QuickBooks application. Go to the “Help” section of the website.
- Choose “Update QuickBooks Desktop” from the drop-down menu.
- To begin the update, go to the top of the page and click “Update Now.”
- Please click here to learn more. Get Notifications Click “Close” after the QuickBooks application has been successfully updated.
- Also, run the payroll update once more to see if the problem persists.
If the problem persists, make sure to check the items mentioned below.
- The internet connection is up and running.
- The internet protection and personal firewall applications are set up properly.
Solution 5: Examine Your Internet Connection Configuration
And here are some things to look for to see if there is a problem with your internet connection or server. Many payroll upgrade errors are caused by the application’s inability to connect to the internet in order to process.
- Check to see if Internet Explorer is set as your default browser. Your system’s date and time are right.
- Check to see whether the QuickBooks accounting software is being restricted by the Windows firewall or some other third-party protection application.
- Select SSL2.0 and SSL3.0 from the drop-down menu.
- Check to see if the Cipher Strength is greater than 128 bits.
- If the user still receives the error message after checking all of these parameters needed for smooth internet connectivity, they should try installing the QB software in Windows safe mode.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks in Windows Safe Mode to reinstall it.
To install QuickBooks accounting software in safe mode, carefully follow the steps below:
- Please ensure that the settings are returned to normal after the procedure is completed.
- Using the Windows + R keys on your keyboard, open the “Run” window.
- In the lower right corner of your screen, a small run window will appear.
- In the search box, type “MSCong” and click the “Enter” key or click the “OK” button.
- On your phone, the System Configuration window will appear.
- Then choose “BOOT.”
- On your phone, a new window will appear.
- Clear the “Secure boot” checkbox here.
- To save your changes, click applies and then OK.
- Restart your QuickBooks, and the machine will operate in safe mode this time.
- After the booting phase has successfully done, run the payroll update again to see if the problem has reappeared.
All of the troubleshooting techniques were easy to use and had a high success rate in resolving QuickBooks Error Code 15311. We hope you found these approaches useful and then were able to solve the problem. If, indeed, the error message continues to appear on your computer, contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number immediately. If you have any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To understand more about QuickBooks, go to www.quickbooksupport.net.