In this article you will learn how to change store type in QuickBooks Point of Sale. To know more call QuickBooks technical Support.
In this article you can get help on the following scenarios:
• In case you have by mistake installed a store as another store type than it should have been (for instance, when a Remote Store has been installed as Headquarters).
• In case you wantto integrate stores into a true multi-store operation which earlier have been operating as multiple stores independently, each as a Headquarters.
• In case you want to change locations of Headquarters and a Remote Store with one another.
Follow the steps to ensure best possible outcome by choosing the scenario that fits the best in your situation:
1. If you haven’t entered any inventory or transactions till now.
2. You can simply change the store type if you’ve mistakenly installed as the wrong store type and you have not already entered inventory data or recorded transaction:
Change Headquarters to Remote
• Click on File and then select Preferences.
• Select Company.
• Click on Multi-store preference and then select Change to Remote Store.
• Make Remote as Headquarters
• Select File and then click on Company Operations.
• Click on Create new company.
• Enter the name of the Company. Ensure that Headquarters is selected, and then choose Create.
I’ve entered the data already that I don’t want to lose
1. Merchant Service – Before changing store types, make sure that all the unsettled credit and debit card batches are settled.
2. Integration with QuickBooks financial software – With QuickBooks Desktop, only headquarters can exchange data. To make sure you continue to have successful exchanges,you may need to reconfigure Financial Exchange.
3. Transaction History- The Store you are changing to will be reassigned with any existing transaction history on the file. Starting a new company file would be the best option if you do not wish to have this action taken
4. Order Documents – Make sure you have records of deposits that may have been taken toward those orders. Also, you must have records of pending purchase and customer orders as well.
Please Note: Once you’ve considered all of these, Click the section given above” I haven’t entered any inventory or transactions yet for instructions to change store type”.
To know more on how to change store type in Quickbooks point of sale call Quickbooks technical support on their toll free number. Also, you can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to reach us anytime; our team of executives is 24/7 available at your service. For more information visit, www.quickbooksupport.net.