There seems to be no wiser alternative than QuickBooks Desktop whenever you talk about the consistency, efficiency, reliability and well-functioning accounting software. However this software to have some flaw that are very common to face while you are using the QuickBooks. One such error is the H101 error in QuickBooks. Normally this is the one most basic error found when moving from normal to multi-user mode. The company file you are attempting to view may be found on the computer, rather than in the operating system.
When QuickBooks Error H101 happens the following error message can be seen on the screen which states:
Error code: H101. This company file is on a different computer and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.
In this article we will discuss about the causes behind the occurrence of the error and ways to get rid of the QuickBooks Error H101.
However if you need any assistance regarding QuickBooks, you can get in touch with our experts they will assist you.
The major causes for the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error H101
- The Database cannot be connected to your operating device that will lead to the error.
- The company file is not available from the server even that could trigger the error.
- In case the Antivirus software or firewall settings is blocking the access to company files that could result in the QuickBooks Error H101.
- Issue with the Configuration of the corrupted or incorrect files.
- Upon saving the file to a folder installed in none
- If the QuickBooks cannot get the system’s IP Address that could lead to the occurrence of the error.
- So let’s fix your problem as per the reasons responsible for the occurrence.
Methods to get rid of the QuickBooks Error H101
- These are the potential instructions that you need to carefully go through to successfully eliminate QuickBooks H101 Error. So have a glimpse and follow them properly:
Solution 1: check the Hosting
- To begin the process at first Start the QuickBooks on all hosting computers.
- Then move to the “File” menu afterwards, select the “Utilities” tab.
- After that see the “Multi-User Host Access” option on the list provided. In case the file is not being hosted by the system then move to the next Computer. Remember one simple thing that there is nothing you needs to change at your workstation.
- When you see “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” after that click to choose it.
- At the end press “Yes” to verify the hosting.
Solution 2: verify whether or not the QuickBooks Services Are Running
- The points mentioned below are important to find out whether or not the QuickBooks services are running. So follow the guidelines given, as they are:
- Firstly, hold the “Windows + R” buttons to activate the Run dialog box at the same time.
- After that in the search box enter “services.msc” and after that press the “Enter” key.
- And after that scroll down to find the QuickBooks DBXX service in the Services window.
- Do make sure that the startup form is configured to automatic, and the service status is operational.
- There after tap on the “Recovery” tab,
- You must then click on the drop-down menu to choose to restart the service for the first time.
- After that to save any updates, press “Ok” button
- perform the above mentioned steps again to choose the QBCF Monitor Service
- Eventually, Open the QuickBooks in multi-user mode on each of the affected workstation.
- If the QuickBooks error H101 still persists then you can switch to the next solution to fix the error.
Solution 3: Make a new folder for the company-file.
- Listed below are the steps that you need to take in order to create a new folder for the company file:
- At First create a new folder on your hosting computer
- After that choose the Option “Share the folder and QuickBooks Company file” under the permissions tab
- And after that copy the “.qbw file” to the folder that’s been created by you recently.
- Finally, open the company files in multi-user mode.
- In case you still encounter the QuickBooks error H101 then move to the next method to get rid of the error.
Solution 4: run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is one of the effective methods used to diagnose the error instantly and fix the error by executing it quickly. You must download QuickBooks File Doctor into your operating system. , On completion of the download, install the program. After that you can run the application on your computer system to get rid of the QuickBooks error code H101 efficiently.
Were you able to resolve the QuickBooks error H101? In the above blog we have tried to explain the effective methods to resolve your problem. However if you still have doubt We will ensure that you get the perfect guidance or support from us and you can get in touch with our error support team and directly contact us at our QuickBooks error support, our team of experts with their proficient knowledge are always available to help you out in resolving issues and will try their best to guide you well. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our executives are always ready and are available to help you out 24 * 7.