QuickBooks Payroll offers a wide variety of features and resources to assist you in effectively managing your company and employees. This ensures the group’s smooth flow, but we do sometimes run into issues with this wonderful tech.
The QuickBooks POS Error 121 normally occurs when someone other than the system administrator tries to sign in to their QuickBooks Point of Sale, which is why it’s known as the Permission Denied Error.
If such an error occurs, the message “QuickBooks POS Error 121 denied that you do not have permission to select from timeouts” will appear on the computer screen. This type of error prevents users from installing any changed software. To install updates, users must first log in to the system administrator. Therefore, if you encounter this error code when using QuickBooks, seek assistance from trained engineers to resolve the problem. In this post, we’ll look at error 121 and how to fix it. If you require any further assistance, please get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team and they will assist you to resolve the issue.
There are many reasons why QuickBooks POS error 121 occurs.
The QuickBooks POS Error 121 is caused by the following error that you made:
- The corresponding error code emerges when you log in as a ‘Guest User’ and then proceed to update QuickBooks.
- The message “QuickBooks Point of Sale error 121 denied & you do not have permission to pick from the timeouts” appears on the computer.
- Once you’ve experienced the error, go to the support and app updates page in QuickBooks POS to see if there are any software updates that will help you solve the problem.
- It’s essential to keep the server and work area up to date with software updates.
How to Fix Error 121 in QuickBooks POS?
You must uninstall all data and details from the Entitlement Client folder, as well as the file WSAactivity.xml, to correct QuickBooks Error 121. And once you begin the settlement procedures, please ensure that the Point of Sale on your Windows is closed.
Procedure 1: Shut down all point-of-sale operations and facilities.
Follow the steps outlined below to get started:
- Select “Processes” after opening “Project Manager.”
- After that, check and finish the exe processes mentioned below:
- exe is the first executable file.
- exe is the second executable.
- exe is the third executable.
- If you’ve closed all of those exe files, you’ll need to exit Task Manager.
- Then press the “Windows” key on your keyboard right away.In the search box, type “services.msc.”
- Go to the Services window in the next step and search for QuickBooks Point of Sale Database Administrator.
- Then put an end to all of the services.
- Close the services window after that.
If the QuickBooks POS Error 121 problem continues when working with the accounting software, proceed to the next prescribed procedure.
Procedure 2: Remove the Files That Are Needed
To begin, show the hidden Windows files.
For Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 users
- Click the Windows Start button on your keyboard.
- After that, choose a “Control Panel” option.
- Then pick ‘Appearance’ from the drop-down menu.
- Simply select ‘Folder Options’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose View from the drop-down menu.
- Under the ‘Advanced settings’ section, select ‘Show hidden files, folders, and drives.’
- And after that pick ‘OK.’
For Windows Vista and Windows 7 users
- To begin, right-click on the ‘Start Windows’ button and then select Open Windows Explorer from the menu.
- Select the ‘Folder & Search’ option from the Organize menu.
- Press the ‘Show secret folders and data’ button on the ‘View’ page.
- Make sure the checkbox for ‘Hide Protected Operating Files’ is unchecked.
- To ensure that a warning message appears on the screen, you must press “Yes.”
- Following that, “Yes” must be pressed.
Users of Windows XP should read this.
- To begin, select the ‘Keys’ option, then the ‘Folder Options’ option.
- Uncheck the ‘Hide extensions for known file types’ statement by clicking the ‘View’ button.
- Unmark ‘Hide safe files for the operating system’ and select ‘Show secret files and directories.’
- Afterwards, press OK.
- Continue to the location, depending on the operating system. For any Windows C:Program data/intuit/entitlement client /v8.0 for Windows 8 and 8.1- Windows 7 and vista-c:/Program data/intuit/client entitlement/v8.0 User data/intuit/entitlement client/v8.0 For XP-c:/documents and settings/all users/application
- And after that, on the keyboard, press “CTRL+A” to choose all of the files in the folder, after this right-click on them to select “Delete” and delete all of the selected files.
- Move to the previous position with c: \Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XXX
- Open the INI folder and delete the ‘WSActivity file’.
- Reopen Point of Sale and download and install any new updates.
- Finally, you must submit your application.
The information in this article will assist you in understanding and correcting the error 121 in QuickBooks. If you run into any problems, you can always contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number. Our highly qualified experts will assist you in every way possible in resolving the problem. You can also contact us by writing to email@example.com. For more details, go to www.quickbooksupport.net . Keep in contact with our current executives, who are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assist you.