QuickBooks POS has been accepted as the most broadly utilized budgetary solution for each business. That empowers the users to effortlessly and swiftly manage sales, customers and inventory. If we look from transactional activities to payroll management, the point of sale capacities directed by the software product isn’t just simple however exact.
There are, obviously, certain examples where specialized issues emerge to interfere with the activity. In this article we will learn about one of those errors. QuickBooks POS error 1706 this error code usually occurs when anyone is trying to install this application from a removal disk such as CD or DVD.
In this article we will learn about the causes behind the occurrence of this error and effective ways to fix QuickBooks error 1706. You can Call QuickBooks point of sale support to find out about the error and its repercussions and also about the ways to resolve the error.
The potential causes for the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 1706.
Listed below are the reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 1706:
may be the QuickBooks Point of Sale configuration have been operated from a compromised source such as CD , DVD or Install Shield and, as a result , major POS components (.ini and.dll files) were lacking which caused the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 1706 at the time of installation.
In case the. NET framework is not compatible.
Microsoft. NET Beta version system could not be installed or configured correctly
If Windows files or modules that QuickBooks Point of Sale uses is corrupted or absent.
The error code 1706 occurs, due to the over-fragmented QuickBooks POS system files
Running of needless programs on Windows Startup can also trigger the issue.
Errors linked to QuickBooks POS in Windows registry.
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks error 1706
QuickBooks Update Error 1706 contains so many possible ways to fix the error. You can get to see these as you take a look at the points mentioned below. Let’s follow the guidelines given below:
Method 1: the System File Checker Tool usage.
- Below are the guidelines to use system’s file-checker tool on your system:
- Firstly, open an elevated command prompt on your Window screen.
- After which, if you are running Windows 10, 8.1 or 8,then before running the System File Checker (SFC) tool, you must first run the Deployment Image Service and Management (DISM) tool.
- After that, input SFC / scan now in the command Prompt and click the “Enter” key on the keyboard.
- The System File Checker (SFC) tool will automatically scan and fix the compromised system files if anything is detected.
- Don’t close the Command Prompt window till the authentication process is finished.
- Then, confirm whether or not the QuickBooks Error 1706 has been fixed.
- In case the error still persists adopt the next method.
Method 2: Reinstallation of the QuickBooks Point of Sale
- By performing the uninstallation and reinstallation we can fix the QuickBooks error 1706. Given below are the steps to carry out the process:
- At First download the QuickBooks desktop Point of Sale from the QuickBooks official web site. You can use the installation CD for downloading that.
- After completing the download, move to the location where you downloaded QB Point of Sale executable file.
- Now, Double-click the executable file to perform the installation of POS software on your system.
- If you’re being prompted during the installation process, to overwrite current extracted file do the same.
- After that choose all the positive options like Sure, next one, or OK on the installation wizard.
- Then, enter your license and product numbers on QuickBooks.
- And then, click “Next” and select the mode of operation you want to install or use the QuickBooks POS.
- If using QuickBooks POS on a standalone computer, select Single-user.
- For more than two computers select Multi-user mode in QuickBooks POS.
- Once the process of downloading POS has been finished, restart the computer and activate POS to see whether or not the error has been detected or has been fixed.
Method 3: Upgrade the version of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- To update the QuickBooks point of sale, follow the points given below:
- Go to the “Downloads & Update” page of the QuickBooks official site at first.
- Then, choose “QB Point of Sale” as product from the Product drop-down list.
- After that select the “Edition”
- And afterwards choose the version or year
- Then, tap on the “Search” tab
- Next, hit on the link stating “Download the most recent updates”
- Save the file when prompted.
- After that to finally install the updates, double-click on the downloaded file.
- Then Restart your pc and confirm if the error still persists or has been fixed.
We really hope we were able to provide you the content to resolve your queries. In case, the above-mentioned solutions don’t work, feel free to contact us on QuickBooks POS Support. You can also send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can stay in touch with our experts available all round the clock and available geographically. With the constant support QuickBooks POS Support, you may feel tension free while you are on a run to QuickBooks. You can also visit @ www.quickbooksupport.net.