In this article you will learn how to save time by emailing pay stubs to your employees. To know more call QuickBooks Support.
You can send your employees digital copies instead of sending paper pay stubs. Each pay stub is delivered as a PDF to your employee’s email address in QuickBooks Desktop. It has its password protected.
Now, you don’t need to worry about printer cartridges as you don’t need to print anything anymore, or wait for the mail. All your records can be kept as digital by you and your employees. You can let your employees to access their pay stubs and W-2s online as an alternative.
Step 1: Updating QuickBooks
- Ensure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest release.
- Also check whether your Adobe Acrobat Reader is updated. To convert pay stubs into PDFs, QuickBooks uses Adobe.
Step 2: Checking your email settings
- By default, pay stub feature isn’t turned on. Before you can email pay stubs, you’ll need to turn it on .
- Go to the Edit menu in QuickBooks and then click on Preferences.
- Click on the Send Forms menu and then select My Preferences tab.
- Select one of the options in the Send email using section:
- In case you use Gmail, Yahoo, or any other similar email services, choose Web Mail.
- Select Outlook if you use Microsoft Outlook. Here’s how to set it up if you don’t see the Outlook option.
- Select QuickBooks Email if you wish to use the QuickBooks email service. Here’s how to set up your email service if you haven’t already.
- Select OK once you’re done.
Step 3: Emailing pay stubs
- Firstly, select Switch to Single-user Mode from the file menu. If you see “Switch to Multi-user Mode,” Don’t select if you see “Switch to Multi-user Mode.”
- You’re in Single-user Mode, already.
- Hover over Print Forms in the File menu again and then click on Pay Stubs.
- Choose the Bank Account that you are using for payroll.
- For the pay stubs you want to email, set the date range.
- Choose the employees that you wish to email pay stub to. If you don’t want to include an employee, select and remove the checkmark next to his name.
- Please note: Ensure that there are no parentheses or brackets in the last name of your employee. If you don’t do this it won’t be able to open the email.
- To review each pay stub select Preview before you send them. Now, click on Email.
- A password for each employee and email is generated in QuickBooks automatically. To give passwords to the recipients, take a note of them. Click on OK twice to confirm.
- Enter the email address of your employee one at a time. You’ll have a chance to review them again At the end, you’ll have a chance to review them again.
- In the Send Forms window, review the email. To and From fields, subject line, and the email body can be edited. Also, you can choose one of your email templates.
- Select Send Now when you’re ready.
In case your employees don’t get their pay stubs
If there’s a problem with your email service: send test emails to yourself
Spam folders and filters that might block emails, so ask your employees to check their email.
Ensure that your employees enter the correct password. Know how to fix your webmail password if they still can’t open the email, contact QuickBooks Support.
To know more on how to email pay stubs to your employees in QuickBooks desktop, call on our QuickBooks Support Number. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information visit, www.quickbooksupport.net.