In this article you will learn how to update your email address in QuickBooks Desktop. To know more, contact QuickBooks Desktop Support.
As it is one of our primary means of sending important notifications and communications, updating your email address is important. Retrieving your User ID or Password in the future can be done using your email address.
Please note: While retrieving User ID or Password, the email you use in received Email Notifications may not be the same as the email that you use.
Email Address used for Receiving Notifications
In the authorized users in the company, this email is the one associated with your name. You will receive the notifications of the account through this email address if you are the Billing Contact in the account.
What kind of notifications will I receive?
Notifications can have different meaning. Given below are few examples of the many forms of notifications you may receive from us through email:
- Payroll newsletters (Quarterly)
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Tax Table Update Notice (this appears when a new tax table is available)
- Auto-renewal notices for annual subscribers (this appears at least 45 days from the renewal date)
- Order/Charge confirmation (this appears upon the renewal of your service)
- It can also appear due to other critical notices related to the changes in the federal and state regulations.
Follow the steps given below to update your email address for notifications:
- Firstly, you need to sign in to My Account.
- Select the product or service in the Manage your QuickBooks page that you would like to manage.
- By looking at the top right corner, check whether you are logged in the correct company. From the drop-down, choose the correct company.
- Now, scroll down to the Authorized Users list.
- Beside your name, select Edit.
- Enter the new email address and then click on Save. To get back to the home page, select on the X button.
You will get notified about this change to your new email address.
Email Address that helps in Retrieving User ID/ Password
If you decide to reset your login information, this email address will help you in retrieving User ID/ Password as it is associated to your login information and is where you may receive your User ID and Password.
Follow the steps given below to update the email address associated to your login:
- Firstly, sign in to My Account. (Go to My Account: If you need help signing in, login help.)
- Select the product or service you would like to manage in the Manage your QuickBooks page.
- At the top right beside the company name, select the drop-down arrow.
- Click on Edit Login and then go to the Profile tab.
- In the Email address field, click on Edit.
- In the Email address and Confirm email address field, enter your new email address.
- In the Password field, enter your login password.
- Click on Save. By doing this you send a verification email to the new email.
- Open the verification email in the email’s inbox. Click on Verify my email.
- Select Continue to complete the email change, once you see the prompt Email address verified,.
In case you cannot access My Account and your current email address: If you are unable to login to My Account and you no longer able to access to the email that you have used to get your Login credentials retrieved. You can make a request to change your account email address. To complete this it normally takes 3-4 hours.
To know more on how to update your email in QuickBooks desktop, call on our QuickBooks Desktop Support Number. You can also write to us at email@example.com . For more information visit – www.quickbooksupport.net.