What will you do if you face this QuickBooks Error 6189, 816? You might be thinking to know the cause of this QuickBooks Error. Why does this QuickBooks Error occurs and how to resolve this QuickBooks Error. If the error message is displayed on screen “An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816)”. Then there issue with your multi-user network, rather your accounting data is perfect.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6189, 816?
You can follow these steps to resolve this QuickBooks Error:
Method 1: To Run Quick Fix my Program in the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Solution 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub tries to resolve common errors by these stated steps:
- Close to exit from QuickBooks application.
- You can simply make a download to the QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- Click to save the file as per your preferences where you can easily locate for
- Open the file you already downloaded with (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Go through the on-screen steps to accept the policies to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation is done, right-click on the icon on your Windows desktop so that you can open the QuickBooks tool hub.
Solution 2: In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, run to Quick Fix my Program
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose Program Problems.
- Click on Quick Fix my Program.
- Start to open QuickBooks Desktop and open your company data file.
If you still face QuickBooks Error -6189, 816, proceed towards next method. And if you are finding any technical issues you are free to contact us at QuickBooks Error Support.
Method 2: Restart all of your computers and servers
You may require a full system reset. You can follow these steps to get started with.
- Reboot your main computer
- Reboot every individual workstation
- Click to Open QuickBooks Desktop on your main computer.
- Click to Open QuickBooks Desktop on every individual workstation.
If QuickBooks gets opened, you are successful. If you are still facing Error -6189, 816, move towards next Method 3 else call QuickBooks Error support.
Method 3: In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
- Your main computer is the one which will store your QuickBooks company files or folders. Your other computers are still connected to your network are your workstations itself. If you’re host owner of your own network, QuickBooks Database Server Manager will help you to keep your multi-user network stable.
- In the QuickBooks Tools hub, choose Network Issues.
- Click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Once QuickBooks is installed on your server proceed to this step.
- Inside the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, click on Start Scan if you are able to see your company files. Search for the location of your company file and then click on Start Scan.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will automatically repair your firewall permissions. Once the scanning is done, click on Close.
- Click to Open QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer and workstations.
Method 4: Switch your company files to your local hard drive
If you are still facing the QuickBooks Error -6189, 816 and your company file with (.QBW) extension which is currently stored on a removable drive, move your company files to your local hard drive.
For stress free support you can immediately contact QuickBooks Error Support. Our executives are always ready to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Errors or concerns you are facing with QuickBooks. You can call us at our QuickBooks Phone Number @ 1-800-731-1629 or drop us a mail at email@example.com.