QuickBooks is very popular among the small and medium businesses and is used worldwide by many people and the reason behind this is that the software is user friendly and gives you several features which help in managing the accounting part.
The downside of using the software is the number of arcane errors that the users encounter at various stages of using the software.
QuickBooks Error 3140 comes up whenever there is problem in data synchronization, when QuickBooks download process has been corrupted on its own, or because of the malicious programs. QuickBooks is the software that manages the everyday tasks of an individual and also of an organization associated with accounts and finance.
In this article we will understand about the causes for the occurrence of the error, how it affects your work and how to successfully eradicate the problem. Because if you know the causes of error then it will be helpful for you to correct the error, as well as save your time. You can also take advantage of QuickBooks Online Support to fix the issue and get in touch with our experts
The possible reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 3140:
- The incomplete QuickBooks installation leads to QuickBooks error.
- The incorrect download can contribute to the occurrence of this error.
- Upon disruption to the Windows registry due to any unauthorized modifications in QuickBooks this error can occur.
- When your QuickBooks have been infected by some virus or malware.
- In case the QuickBooks Company file was mistakenly removed.
The following are the popular causes behind occurrence of the QuickBooks error 3140. And according to the factors that cause the error, you can address the issue.
The symptoms that your system has been affected by the QuickBooks error 3140.
- The QuickBooks error 3140 technical flaw continues to give rise to various issues and affects the entire system.
- Your machine can slow down because of this error.
- Your active window may keep crashing over and over again.
- A pop-up error box will be displayed on your computer, and the system will be closed.
- You will not be able to use your QuickBooks; this may directly impact the maintenance of your account.
- Mouse cursor and keyboard commands come up on the screen late.
- The system sometimes freezes for several seconds.
The effective ways to fix the Error 3140 in QuickBooks
Solution 1: scan the system for virus attack.
- The most popular factor that causes this error to happen is virus or malware, because of which the QuickBooks fails to work properly.
- Hence you need to run the diagnostic program for the virus.
- At first carry out the scan for the entire system.
- In case a virus or malware attack happens then the software will attempt to fix it.
- If you have any malicious programs delete them from your system.
Solution 2: Clean the system with Disk Cleanup
Sometimes much space is occupied because of storage of the unneeded files and folders. Cookies and caches get stored while surfing on the internet and they may lead to QuickBooks to work slowly. So, you need to get rid of these files, listed below are the steps that you can follow to clear the cache:
- Firstly click on the start button.
- Then type command.
- After that press the Ctrl + Shift on your keyboard, and then click Enter.
- Now tap yes, once you see a dialog box that comes up.
- Then a black box with a blinking cursor will appear type “clean mgr” and then click Enter.
- It will launch the Disk Clean cycle and check all the space you can restore by cleaning up the unnecessary files.
- The Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear with the check-boxes, and you will need to choose the check-boxes you want to clean.
- Then just tap on OK.
- Too much room will be recovered on your system through this. Therefore, this step will further help you to resolve your QuickBooks error 3140.
Solution 3: Update the PC Device Drivers
Updating the PC and other devices periodically maintains the entire computer in great condition. So check if any new updates are available, because this will solve your QuickBooks error 3140. Use Driver Doc to update the drivers. It would upgrade all the PC System Drivers and this will significantly help to repair QuickBooks error code 3140.
You should even attempt to refresh the Windows, there may be some latest updates that your device has might have skipped.
Solution 4: perform the QuickBooks Uninstall and Reinstall.
If nothing happens you can uninstall the QuickBooks and reinstall it afterwards. At first Open your computers control panel, then choose then uninstall the QuickBooks configuration files. After that go to the setup to download, and open the file. Then follow the instructions given on the screen and install. After ending the process tap on Finish. Wait for the installation process to be completed, and do not interrupt the installation process. As it could damage your QuickBooks file. Then restart the system and wait for 60 seconds, after this open the QuickBooks again and see whether or not the error still persists. If yes, then call the professionals at QuickBooks to get an immediate solution.
The above referred techniques are very useful to eradicate QuickBooks error 1340.Our certified experts provide 24/7 technical support via phone, chat, and email. If you want to discuss any more feel free to get in touch with us. ALSO if you have some other query, then you can contact on our QuickBooks Support Number. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.For more information visit – www.quickbooksupport.net.