QuickBooks is very popular among the small and medium businesses and is used worldwide by many people and the reason behind this is that the software is user friendly and gives you several features which assist in managing the accounting part. One of such feature is the export feature in QuickBooks. With this you easily edit the reports or just organize them in a large workbook, extract the data from QuickBooks and import it into excel.
In this article we will discuss the methods to export the data from QuickBooks online to excel. You can also take advantage of QuickBooks help to know more and our experts will assist you.
Steps to follow to export the data from the QuickBooks online.
- You need to first open QuickBooks online software on your computer.
- After that, Press the “Reports” at the top of the QuickBooks window, and select “Report Center” from the menu bar. The window of the Report Center will open up.
- Afterwards, select the report that contains the data that is required to be exported to Excel, and press the “Display Button” to view it.
- Then click the “Excel “drop-down sign at the top of your report. The export window will start.
- after that click the radio button by “New Excel workbook” in case you want to create a new Excel workbook or click on the radio button by “An existing Excel workbook” if you wish to upgrade a recent workbook.. Click on “Browse” and choose the workbook, if you choose the former.
- Finally, Press the “Export” button at the top to export QuickBooks Online data to Excel. If you want to make a new Excel file, Excel will immediately open, but the file would not be saved unless you click “Ctrl-S,” then input a file name and choose a place where the company file should be saved.
Steps to follow to export the data from the QuickBooks Desktop?
- At first select and open the QuickBooks Desktop file.
- After which choose Reports and then list
- Then, generate the reports the items given below: Report of the Client Contact List, Report of the Accounting List, and Report of the item Listing and Report of the vendor Contact List.
- Then choose option Export the reports to Excel
- After this, the report can be imported into QuickBooks Online software.
Steps to follow to Import List Data in Excel/ CSV into QuickBooks Online
Here we’ll discuss the steps to provide you information about how to import list data in excel/CSV into QuickBooks online. The following steps will help you perform the task efficiently.
For each of the list types mentioned below, you will be required to have to download a sample file on your computer at the “Import page.” The sample file could be used as a “template” to check if you have the correct format list during the import.
How to Import Chart of Accounts?
- To start the process at first import a chart of accounts from the option “Importing a chart of account” if the company file is in the old View (tabs at the top).
- But, when the data file is within the “New view” (then you can see panel on the left side), or see the reference given below.
- The “wide type of category is case sensitive. When information about QuickBooks Online does not match with the details in the column of the spreadsheet in that case the import button will “gray-out”. In that situation, the capitalization in the spreadsheet will be changed, and you’ll have to try to “import” again.
- You may at first go to the Company file.
- after that, select the gear icon
- And afterwards Import the Data.
- Then, select the Accounts.
- After that click on Browse, and position the file.
- Then, choose Open.
- After that press next.
- The column will be labeled after that as “No matching” which is unknown.
- The column is labeled with a “green check-mark” which indicates the data is being recognized.
- In case the QuickBooks Online is unable to identify any field, use the drop-downs afterwards and then select next.
Note: In case at this step you encounter some sort of error then, select the “Detail type” from the accounts and select the “Detail type” closest to the account type to be imported.
- After making changes select “Import data “option. You can get an import details page at this step, however if there will be any report left to import, a message showing the “list the number of successfully imported records” and “details why the data was not imported.” will be shown. You can easily update the fields with the data required.
If the data has been imported correctly, the QuickBooks Online will automatically shuts off the import screen.
How to Import Customer or Vendor information?
When the company file is open in the Classic View (tabs at the top) you can use Gmail, Outlook, or Excel to import clients and supplier / vendor contacts. However if the file is open in the New View (panel on the left) then you must take the steps given below:-
- •go to the Company file at first.
- After that Select the gear icon, and after that Import data.
- Then choose the supplier or Customers.
- Afterwards, click Browse and simply place your company file.
- Finally choose Open then click on Next.
- Afterwards, the columns will be marked as “No match “that are unknown.
- The columns will be marked with a “green check-mark” that means the data is being classified.
- Then choose next.
- You will find the data ‘to be imported’ on the next page.
- After that, edit the fields to submit the data available. (Important: “Name” is the only necessary field)
- Once you have made adjustments, select Import to import data.
NOTE: You will be given an “Import summary page” at this step if the records cannot be imported. You will receive a message like “list the number of successfully imported records” and “information why a data hasn’t been imported.” You can quickly edit the appropriate fields.
- QuickBooks online will immediately shut down the import screen once the record is imported successfully.
We really expect that you got the perfect guidance or support from us. But, if still you are facing any issue you can directly contact us at QuickBooks help, our team of experts with their proficient knowledge are always available to help you out in resolving issues and will try their best to guide you well. You can also send us an email at email@example.com. Our executives are always available 24*7 to help you out.