Do you know about Progress invoicing? If no, read this article very carefully where you will get the summarized content on this. To be updated is Progress Invoices can be defined as which allows you to break the estimate into many invoices when required. Rather than asking for the complete payment in the very beginning of the project, you can generate invoices for customers to make partial payments. Once the work is completed, now add the items from the starting stage estimates to progress invoices. This allows the payments of projects in an organized way and connected from the starting to end stage.
How to Turn on Progress Invoicing?
Learn the steps to on the notification for progress invoices:
- Log in to QuickBooks Desktop as an admin.
- In the File menu click on Switch to Single-user mode.
- In the Edit menu click on Preferences tab.
- Choose Jobs & Estimates in the menu listed.
- Click on the Company Preferences tab.
- Choose Yes in the DO YOU CREATE ESTIMATES? Section. Then click on Yes in the DO YOU DO PROGRESS INVOICING? Section.
- Choose OK to save and close your preferences tab.
- If you are required to, click on the File menu and choose Switch to Multi-user mode.
You are now ready to generate the invoices from your estimates, if not successful contact QuickBooks Support.
Method 1: Create an estimate
- In the Customers menu and click on Create Estimates.
- Select your customer.
- Fill out the details of the estimate.
- Click on Save & New or Save & Close.
Immediately contact QuickBooks Support to resolve the issue.
Method 2: Generate the progress invoices from the estimate
For working on progress invoices, you start working from your estimate rather than the normal invoice workflow.
- In the Customers menu click on Customer Center.
- Search for your customer list and then choose the customer.
- Search and open the estimate on the page of customer
- Click on Create Invoice from the toolbar.
- Make a decision on the amount of charge you want to be applied on the invoice. You can charge for a percentage or a distributed amount for selected items. Then click on OK.
- Fulfil the details of the invoice and send it to your customer.
QuickBooks Support will resolve your issues in no time.
Method 3: Keep record of the progress invoices
Make a complete report of estimates and reports so that it can be arranged properly.
You can now use reports to record of your progress invoices.
- In the Reports menu click on Report Center.
- Choose the Jobs, Time & Mileage from the list.
- Go the Job Estimates section.
- Click on a report and then choose Run to view it.
Now, you will be able to keep record of the progress invoices easily.
Hope, you got the desired result on setting up and Send Progress Invoices in QuickBooks Desktop. If you still in trouble in this issue, feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Support toll free number @ 1-800-731-1629 and you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay in touch with our executives available 24*7 to guide you better for efficiency in results. Our experts with well enhanced knowledge helps individually to make their accounting hurdle free.