In this article you will learn how to run a payroll summary report. To know more call QuickBooks Payroll Support.
A Payroll Summary report includes:
• Employee taxes, wages, and adjustments
• Employee sick and vacation time
• Net Pay
• Employer taxes and contributions
A report is where you can check the current pays for a month, quarter or year when reconciling against pay stubs and payments to the government for tax on pays is known as Payroll Summary Report .
Please Note: The dates in this report are not the pay period dates but are the paycheck dates only.
What does this report tells you
In the report you will get to know about the gross pay including commission and additions such as bonuses or tips. The gross pay minus any pre-tax deductions such as an employee contribution to a 401(k) plan is known as adjusted gross pay. The amount paid to the employee after taxes, and after any adjustments for after-tax deductions (such as a loan payment) or additions (such as reimbursed travel expenses) is known as the Net Pay.
The amount accrued during the period covered by the report, regardless of whether your company paid them or not is showed by the Employer Taxes and Contributions section of the report.
To create a payroll summary report, follow these steps:
• Go to the Reports menu and then click on Employees & Payroll
• Select Payroll Summary.
• Set a date range.
• Select a date range from the Dates drop-down list, or
• Enter a date range in the From and To fields.
• Click on Refresh.
To remove the Hours and/or Rate columns, follow these steps:
• Choose Customize Report.
• Clear the Hours and/or Rate check boxes under the display tab, and then click on OK.
• Change the pay periods by selecting Pay Period Begin/End Date under the filters tab.
• Choose Report to print the Payroll Summary from the print drop down.
• ( This step is Optional) Change the printer settings, and then click on Print.
To run a report for a specific employee, follow the steps given:
• Select Employee Center from the employees menu.
• Choose the employee you want to run the report for on the left side.
• Choose the report you would like to run at the upper right:
o Quick Report
o Payroll Summary
o Time Off
o Payroll Transaction Detail
• Enter the dates you want.
• If necessary, change the settings of the printer and then select Print.
To export a payroll summary report to Excel, follow the steps given below:
• Click on the Excel drop-down arrow.
• Click on Create New Worksheet or choose update Existing Worksheet.
• Select Browse to choose the workbook if you are selecting Update Existing Worksheet.
• Click on Advanced. The Advanced Excel Options window opens.
• Unmark the space between columns checkbox.
• Click on OK, and then choose Export.
To know more on how to run a payroll summary report in Quickbooks call QuickBooks Payroll Support. Also, you can write us at email@example.com. Feel free to reach us anytime; our team of executives is 24/7 available at your service. For more information visit, www.quickbooksupport.net.