If you are using QuickBooks accounting software which helps in managing the functioning of payroll and suddenly you are get an Error -6189, 816 in QuickBooks Desktop. User should not get panic! Today we will discuss how to resolve this kind of issue with the help of QuickBooks Support Phone Number. Learn what Error -6189, 816 is and what to do if you see it in QuickBooks Desktop.
In case, if you see the message “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816),” no need to worry. There may be an issue with your multi-user network, not with your data file. We are here with few solutions to get your QuickBooks Desktop multi-user network up and running again.
Solution 1: Users can run Quick Fix my Program from the tool hub program
Step 1: Need to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub program
As we know, QuickBooks tool hub program helps to resolve common errors. If users want to download and install this program, then it will be required to close QuickBooks to use the tool hub. For the best experience, we will recommend you to use tool hub on windows 10, 64-bit.
- Quit QuickBooks.
- You can download the most recent version (18.104.22.168) of the QuickBooks tool hub program. After that you can save the file somewhere you can easily find it.
- Click & open the file that you have downloaded with the help of given link. (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- You are suggested to follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once install finishes, click twice the icon on your windows to open the tool hub program.
Note: In case, if you are not able to find the icon, browse in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Step 2: You can run the Quick Fix my Program from the tool hub
- You need to select Program Problems.
- Click & select Quick Fix my Program from the installed tool hub.
- Click & start QuickBooks Desktop machine and then open your data file.
In case, if you are getting an Error -6189, 816, then please move on to Solution 2.
Solution 2: User need to restart all of their computers and servers
If you are working on your system & all of sudden it get hang or may be any other issue. This means your whole system needs a full reset. In order to rest you need to follow these steps in order.
- Shut down & restart your server computer machine.
- Close and again open each workstation (the other computers connected to the network that don’t host your company files).
- You need to open QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer machine.
- You need to open QuickBooks Desktop on each workstation.
If you are able to open QuickBooks that means everything is fixed. In case, if you still see Error -6189, 816, please move on to Solution 3.
Solution 3: You can run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server machine.
You will find that your server computer stores your QuickBooks company file and other computers that connect to your network will be your workstations. In case, if you will host your own network, QuickBooks Database Server Manager will help you to keep your multi-user network stable.
- Select Network Issues from the tool hub program.
- Click & select Quickbase Database Server Manager. You’ll get a prompt to install QuickBooks on your server if it isn’t already.
- Inside the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, Select Start Scan if you see your company file(s). If you don’t, Browse to the location of your company file and then select Start Scan.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will auto repair your firewall permissions. When the scan finishes, select Close.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer and then your workstations.
|Note: If QuickBooks Database Server Manager is on one of your workstations, make sure the workstation isn’t set to host your multi-user network.|
Solution 4: You can transfer your company files to your local hard drive
We believe that the above given information will be helpful to resolve QuickBooks Error -6189, 816 in QuickBooks Desktop Application. Still if you come across with any issue, we will request you to get in touch with our QuickBooks Support Phone Number for any help or you can also mail u at email@example.com.