Since we all understand that the QuickBooks is among the best software for carrying out the task related to accounting. It’s packed with lots of advanced technological features that ease the work. However the software is not free from flaws and one such error that affects the working of the QuickBooks is the QuickBooks error code 6144.
QuickBooks error 6144 usually happens whenever the company file QuickBooks, something that is really necessary to open the software, gets damaged. The accounting aspect is the specific business that is being affected. Therefore, damage is likely to cause damage to the company file whenever the user attempts to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
In this article we will discuss the symptoms related to the error and the reasons behind the error and ways to fix the error. In order to know more about QuickBooks you can call our QuickBooks tech support, and our experts will assist you.
The reason behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 6144
The QuickBooks error 6144 reasons are listed below:
- Destructive deletion of files linked to QuickBooks created by any other program can lead to the error.
- Unfinished installation process or corrupt download of the QuickBooks software can also cause this error.
- The new software change related to the QuickBooks can result in corruption in the Windows registry which results in an error.
- In case the files linked to the QuickBooks software become infected with a virus or other malware.
- Because of lost or damaged system files on Windows the error can occur.
The Symptoms associated with the QuickBooks Error 6144
- Because of this error, the system “freezes” again and again for several seconds at a time.
- QuickBooks error code 6144 happens making all existing program operating windows crash.
- The system frequently crashes while the Error 6144 occurs while running the same program.
- On your computer you can see “QuickBooks Error 6144”
- The Windows system runs slowly and gradually responds to mouse or keyboard commands. The ways to resolve the
Ways to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6144
QuickBooks error 6144 can be resolved with a few potential methods. You have to just follow the below-listed steps:-
Step 1: Start Services
- At first you should access the Control Panel and choose a User Account.
- Just press the Add / Remove User Account button and tap QuickBooks Desktop service user23 (if you use QuickBooks version 2013)
- Check the Administrator user after changing the Account type.
Step 2: Change Account Type
- You will have to access the Control Panel and and choose a User Account.
- Just press the Add / Remove User Account button and tap QBDserviceuser23 (if you use QuickBooks edition 2013)
- Check the Administor Account after changing Account Type.
Step 3: Create a new folder
First of all, in this step, you need to make a new folder named QuickBooks and provide the Read / Write possibilities for all the folders generated. You must build the folders mentioned below in C Drive:
- Add system
- QuickBooks data service user 23
- Add user
Or also, try to give all folders permission for Read /Write. Tap on Share to share these folders across all platforms.
Step 4: Copy the QuickBooks Company File in New folder “QuickBooks”
Because of its size if the file is corrupt or damaged it does not open in the QuickBooks. The QuickBooks company file is listed as “Get Back to Business”
In the C Drive: go to Users and select Public and there go to Public Records and select Intuit in that select QuickBooks in that select Company Files and you will find the QuickBooks Company file after going down this path. That is the default QuickBooks Company file position.
Just add Copy and Paste the file in the “QuickBooks” New File. You should not cut-paste the file of the company because it can delete or destroy the file.
Step 5: Verification of location
In this step, you will verify that the QuickBooks Company File is copied at the location you chose. To do this, simply close the folder in which you copied the file and reopen it by going down the same path which used to copy the file.
Step 6: Create Inbound and Outbound Firewall Rules
- At first move to the Firewall, then click on the Windows Firewall.
- after that, Go to the Advanced Settings on the left panel and then go to Inbound Rules from there select New Rule and in that select Port and click Next.
Step 7: “Connect Ports” to new rules out bounded
Step 8: Additional step
- You will first access the program and then check for the QuickBooks software.
- After that press on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool from the drop-down menu icon and then click on the Add Folder.
- Search and add the QuickBooks folder from Drive C’s, and then minimize this tab.
- Press the Scan button at first. It will scan the company’s QuickBooks file.
NOTE: if there’s no other folder mentioned, please look for that and delete it.
Step9: Recover the QuickBooks Company file present on the main system
At first, open the QuickBooks software on the main system (in a Multi-User environment).
- After that press open and restore all current company files of QuickBooks.
- Then choose the “Get Back to Business” QuickBooks Company file and open it in multi-user format.
- Then, Check whether hosting is allowed after that, and visit the company File and Tap on the Utilities.
- At the end, press Stop hosting on the main system. Afterwards, on the main screen, the QuickBooks Company file is available.
Step 10: Open company file on other systems
You ought to open your QuickBooks Company File onto other systems to start this step. In order to accomplish this task you need to learn the main system’s IP address.
On the main screen simply open the QuickBooks and press the F2 key. Then it opens the tab for Product information. Write down the IP Address and the Prefix // before the IP Address. Write down the IP address on a notepad for faster copying.
Step 11: Access Company files from other Computers
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks software and press open or Restore a current file.
- Just open the QuickBooks Company File, then copy and paste IP address with the backslash (\) into the file name.
- Then, ensure you test the radio button for Open File in multi-user environment now.
- Afterwards, open the shared folder and search the QuickBooks-folder that was recently created.
- Finally, press the QuickBooks company file, and open the file. And repeat the the step 11 on all devices running QuickBooks.
The above referred techniques are very useful to eradicate the QuickBooks error 6144. Our certified experts provide 24/7 technical support via phone, chat, and email. If you want to discuss any issue related to QuickBooks feel free to get in touch with our tech support team. Also if you have some other query, then you can contact on our QuickBooks tech Support Number. You can however write to us at email@example.com. For further information can be found on– www.quickbooksupport.net.
Comments are closed.