In this article you will learn how to customize payroll and employee reports in QuickBooks Desktop. To know more, contact QuickBooks Support USA.
A selection of payroll and employee reports is offered by QuickBooks desktop that can help you manage payroll and keep track of employee expenses. To get the information you need,you can customize these reports also.
To know more about how you can, customize customer, job, and sales reports, vendor reports, item reports, company and financial reports, payroll and employee reports contact QuickBooks Desktop Support.
Please Note:Since each draws information from the company file differently,columns and filters that are available differ for each report/group of reports. When customizing reports, it is particularly important to understand the concept of source and targets.
Customizing Employee and payroll reports :
Follow the steps below to customize any existing Employees and Payroll report:
- Select Reports At the top,select Reports and then Employees and Payroll.
- Select your desired existing report.
- To modify your report, select Customize Report.
- Click on OK.
- To save your reports for later use,you can memorize them .
- Customizing payroll item, rate, and total paid
- To create a detailed custom report that lists each individual payroll item follow the steps given. You can also customize the rate for each payroll item, and the total amount paid for that payroll item.
- Select Custom Reports from the Reports menu .
- Select Transaction Detail.
- In the Display table, deselect everything except Payroll Item, Qty, Sales Price, and Amount in the Columns section.
In the Filters tab, choose the following filters:
- Choose the appropriate Payroll Expense Account/s from the drop-down.
- From the drop-down choose Transaction Type , and the select Paycheck.
- Click on OK.
- In the From and To fields enter the date range.
- Click on Refresh.
- Enter the total expenses by employee; it should be broken down by month
- You can create a detailed custom report that shows expenses by employee totaled by month if you need to know how much an employee spends in a month.
- Select Custom Reports from the Reports menu.
- Select Summary.
- In the From and To fields,enter the desired date range.
- Choose the Display columns by drop-down and then select Month.
- Choose the Display rows by drop-down and then select Employee.
- In the Filters tab, open theFilters list and then Select Account.
- Choose Expense from the Account drop-down and then select other expense accounts.
- Click on OK.
- In case of Payroll item-filtered report.
- Get Information at your fingertips with Advanced Reporting.
To know more on how to customize payroll and employee reports in QuickBooks Desktop, call us on our QuickBooks Support USA. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information visit – www.quickbooksupport.net .