In this article you will learn how to set time off in QuickBooks Desktop. To know more, QuickBooks Desktop Support.
Who can do what?
- Setting up time off codes and accruals is done by account administrators.
- Entering time off in bulk can be done by admins and managers.
- Approval or denial of team member time off requests can be done by admins and managers.
- Team members can enter time off or they can request time off depending on the account settings. Team members will be able to see the number of hours they are predicted to have on the date for the time off using both the options.
Follow steps to set up time off:
- Firstly, you need to enable time off and then configure time off preferences
- In Company Settings, select Time Options.
- Select Time Off.
- Click on Administrators and Managers. Even if you’re not yet tracking time off, we recommend keeping this enabled.
- Now, you need to select on which day’s entry is allowed on.
- (This step is Optional) Click on All Team Members.
- By doing this you can allow your team members to add their own time off hours according to their choice (you can notify admins and managers). If only admins and managers should enter time off for their team members, leave it unchecked.
- (This is Optional) Click on Approval Required.
- Until a Manager or Administrator approves or denies the time off request, every time off that individuals enter will remain in a pending state. If a timesheet is approved, a request only becomes a time off .
- (This step is Optional) To edit team members’ time off ledgers, select Allow managers.
- By doing this you allow managers to edit the amount of time off a team member has already taked.
Follow the steps to set up time off codes:
- In the Feature Add-ons, select Time Off Codes.
- You will now be able to see the Time Off Codes window.
- Click on Add New.
- Now, you need to enter the name of the Time Off code and then select whether it is a Paid or Unpaid code.
- Select Assign to Individuals or Groups to assign the code to team members. Select the required and then click on Save.
- Any new team members will be automatically assigned to that code and its associated accrual setup whenever, a Time Off code is assigned to all team members.
- Set up accruals if a bank of hours is needed for a time off code.
How to manage time off notifications?
Follow the steps to update notifications globally:
- In the Company Settings, select Notifications
- Click on Time Off.
- To apply company-wide, make selections.
- Follow the steps to update notifications individually:
- In the My Team menu, select a user to access Team Member Details.
- Select Notifications.
For the following options, select Web, Mobile, or Email :
- When time off is approved, denied, edited, or canceled (all)
- When a team member enters time off (admins)
- When a team member enters time off (managers)
- In Time Off
- View time off
Team members are enabled to see a list of their time off entries. The status of requests will display if approvals are required: pending, approved, canceled, or denied.
- For those they manage, admins and managers see a list of all entries.
- To view your personal time off balances, click on My balances.
What is In Schedule?
- In the schedule, time off entries appear. When a request is “pending”, it will not appear in the schedule in case approvals are required. Once a request is approved a “shift” is visible after which the timesheet is created.
- In case of, Time Entries, reports, etc.
- Please Note: Until the time off timesheet is created, entries do not appear .
- When should one create a time off timesheet?
- In some cases, after a time off is entered, a time off timesheet is not created immediately. This helps to obtain accurate accrual balances.
- When the time off dates are within the pay period and the balance covers the entire entry a timesheet is created.
- One of these happens based on the accrual type if the time off is outside of the current pay period:
- When the current pay period is none or Manual, the timesheet is created immediately.
- The timesheet is created immediately when the current pay period is yearly. As long as, the timesheet created is within the current year of accruals.
- When the current pay period is by pay period or hours worked then the time-sheet is not created until the accrual date of the pay period occurs.
To know more on how to set time off in QuickBooks Desktop, call on our QuickBooks Support USA number. You can also write to us at email@example.com . For more information visit – www.quickbooksupport.net .