In this article you will learn how to stay logged in to QuickBooks Company file in QuickBooks Desktop without entering your password. To know more, contact QuickBooks Support USA.
Without having to enter a username and password every time, you can now log into a Company File.Instead, you only have to log in with your username and password once every few days as long as you are using the same Windows user account. And-without having to re-enter your login credentials you can open the Company File or switch to another Company File.
Only if you have explicitly logged off from the Company File or when the login period set has expired you will be required to enter your username and password again.
Please Note: If your file is on a hosted environment that uses roaming profiles then this login feature is not available.
A few other things that you need to consider:
Carefully evaluate the use of these options and points as the Administrator of the Company File:
- One user has to explicitly logoff before another user can login when multiple users are accessing the same Company File on the same computer. As long as the users using the same Windows user account another user can access the Company File without having to enter their username and password if he accidentally forgets to log off. It is recommended to the Admin in these multi-user scenarios to not enable this option or requires users to log in using separate Windows user accounts.
- When Credit Card Protection is enabled for the Company File, this option is NOT available. It is recommend that the Admin user DOES NOT enable this option in case you have the Credit Card information stored in the Company File and have not protected your credit card manually.
- This option is only available for .QBW and .QBA files.
- The advantage of this feature is only available to in local (i.e., not hosted) environment.
- To enable this option,your QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise) must be at least on the releases given below:2020 R1, 2019 R9, 2018 R12.
- In order to ensure that their Company Files are protected,users selecting this new option must safeguard their computers and Windows accounts. To make sure that access to the computer is controlled werecommend that you use a screen timeout with a lock screen. Contact us, for more details on protecting your computer.
Making changes your login settings:
This login option must be set in your login settings or company preferences and is not on by default. It applies to all users of the Company File and only the Company File’s Administrator can enable the option. With a maximum of 90 days (default is 2 days), the Admin chooses how long users can remain logged in.
Please Note: Once you have enabled this option, Go to the File menu>select Close Company (remember, it only closes the Company File but not log off the user).
Follow the steps given below to get to this preference setting:
- In QuickBooks Pro and Premier.
- In Company, select Set Up Users and Passwords and then click on Manage Login Settings.
- Or, In the Edit-menu, select Preferences, click on General and then select Company Preferences
- In QuickBooks Enterprise.
- In Company, select Users and Passwords and then click on Manage Login Settings.
- Or, In the Edit menu, select Preferences, click on General and then select Company Preferences.
Some important notes for all the users:
- This option will not work for Company Files copied from one computer to another. You will be required to enter your username and password on the destination computer to log in.
- To log in, a user will be required to enter a username and password if he is logging in with a Windows user account.
- A user has to explicitly log off before another user can log in when multiple users are accessing the same Company File on the same computer. As long as the user is using the same Windows user account another user can access the Company File without having to enter their username and password if he accidentally forgets to log off.
- A user must enter a username and password if a login fails under any circumstance (e.g. wrong password, Admin changed the password, password reset, logged in period has expired). If there is any previously saved credentials they will be deleted.
- Opening the Company File from QFM will delete credentials from the Windows Vault if a user has saved credentials for a Company File user in QuickBooks File Manager (QFM). A user will be required to enter a username and password if opening the Company File directly though he can continue opening the Company File from QFM.
Important notes for the Admin user:
- If the admin wants to disable this option for users who have already updated then he will need to update to QuickBooks Desktop2018 R12 or 2019 R9.
- Any credentials saved previously for all users will be deleted or forgotten when the Admin disables this option from the Company Preferences. On the next login users will be required to enter a username and password.
- When the Admin in a multi-user setting changes this Company Preference, all non-admin users will be logged out automatically.
Any credentials saved previously for all users will be deleted or forgotten if the Admin enables Credit Card Protection. On the next login, the users will be required to enter their username and password. After this the Admin will also have no access to Company Preference anymore.
From the Windows Control Panel, select Windows Vault. The Admin can delete all credentials at any time, (the admins needs to make sure that the credentials for QuickBooks start with prefix “Intuit_QBDT”).
To know more on how to stay logged in to QuickBooks Company file in QuickBooks Desktop without entering your password, call on our QuickBooks Support USA number. You can also write to us at email@example.com . For more information visit – www.quickbooksupport.net .