When there are number of users using the same software it means the specified software is of great use. This software helps in managing the bookkeeping record and all the accounting sheets of your company file. But yes make sure none of the software is there which is free from vulnerabilities rather they suffer some or the other issues, but our support team is always there to assist you and help you. Similarly, one common error is QuickBooks Error 15242. This error arises when you are either using the software or trying to update it. Consult QuickBooks Payroll Support to know the complete solution so that you won’t face any issue.
When you are thinking to update QuickBooks or Payroll service, you will see the following message:
Error 15242: The update did not complete successfully. QuickBooks File Copy Service is damaged or not responding.
Error 15242: The payroll update did not complete successfully. QuickBooks File Copy Service is damaged or not responding.
We all know whenever there is a product in market you often see some of the updations but if you have not updated the software that will not support many of the files. Thus, update all new application or program to make your running more effectively.
What are the reason of QuickBooks Error 15242 occurrence?
There could be many reasons this QuickBooks Error 15242 occurs:
- When you have installed your software incorrectly
- When the intuit File Copy Service gets corrupted or damaged
- The user bugs out the issue, if file copy service is disabled
- Sometimes when the payroll subscription is enabled
- If you have done any modifications in the company file
- When the user is not able to log in,
- While you are trying to update the payroll, it is not getting successfully updated
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15242?
With the help of QuickBooks Payroll Support, get access to these methods:
Method 1: Confirm your Payroll Membership
- Open QuickBooks and click on Employees tab
- Choose My Payroll Service, Click on Account/Billing information
- The QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance dialog will be displayed on screen
- You must exit from that specified window
- Re-validate it by QuickBooks
- Once the confirmation is over, reboot your QuickBooks again
Method 2: Perform clean installation of QuickBooks in Selective Start-up mode
- Search for Run command prompt
- Enter msconfig in the search bar
- Click on OK
- In the General tab, choose OK
- Choose Selective Startup, click on Load System Service
- In the Service tab, choose Hide all Microsoft service
- Choose Disable All
- Unmark the option Hide all MS services
- But verify that Window Installer is highlighted or not
- In System Configuration Window pane, choose Restart
- Once you are ready with the backup, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop with the clean installation procedure.
If this method is still creating issue, feel free to contact QuickBooks Payroll Support
Method 3: Try to perform FCS settings
- Search for the QuickBooks Desktop manage option
- Select the services and applications
- Choose the services displayed on screen
- Once you are over with it, search for Intuit QuickBooks FCS
- Choose Ok
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop, then try to download the updates which were released after your installation
- Update the tax tables
- Verify if the error still occurs or not
- Choose Finish to end up the process
Try to solve it manually, else consult QuickBooks Payroll Support
Method 4: Manually Resolve the Issue
You should verify if the error is occurred on your computer. If you still face any issue, you can try to download for another computer.