The name of your company in QuickBooks Desktop totally depends upon the type of set up you are creating. You can alter the name as per your requirement if and only if:
- You have misspelled or written incorrect name at the time of creating company file
- If your company name is changed, and you are thinking that it should display the name of your company.
Steps to rename your QuickBooks Desktop Company file
If you want to modify the name of your company in QuickBooks Desktop then follow the below listed steps:
- You must take back up of your QuickBooks company file.
- In QuickBooks, verify the location of the company file.
- While on the Home page, hold F2 or Ctrl+1 to open the Product Information window.
- Keep in mind the location which is listed in the File Information field.
- Move to the location specified.
- Double-click on the Windows Start button and choose File Explorer (Windows 10, 8.1 and 8) or try to Open Windows Explorer (Windows 7 and Vista).
- Double-click on to the file name and click on Rename to type a new name. The file name may appear as [Company Name].qbw or just [Company Name].
- Modify the file name and press Enter.
- Click on Yes to confirm the action.
To Set up QuickBooks Desktop to access the name of your new company file
- In the QuickBooks File menu, click on Open or restore to a current company.
- Click on Open a company file and choose Next.
- Click on the new company file which is renamed and click Open.
Hope you are satisfied with our blog post. We assure you that we will keep posting such articles to help you out. If still you are stuck somewhere you can simply make us a call QuickBooks Support Number @ 1-800-657-0602 or you can also drop us a mail at email@example.com. Our executives are present all round the clock to make your accounting error free.