Direct deposit is an expense option where your amount is electronically transferred to your inspecting or savings account which helps the payee collect payment sooner and avoid in dealing with physical checks. Do you really want to cancel a direct deposit paycheck? Need not to worry; we are here to guide you step by step so that you won’t suffer loss of time and your manpower.
Before cancellation of direct deposit check you must ensure for the status of Payroll.
Step 1: Verify the status of Payroll
- Click on Employees
- Select My Payroll Services
- Choose accounting or Billing information
- Log in by using your Intuit login credentials
- Select View Payroll Activity
- Type your direct deposit PIN
- Search for the checks that needs to be stopped
Step 2: Cancellation of pay check
- Cancellation of check must be done on 2 banking days before the date of pay check
- Click on Employees
- Select Edit/ void pay checks modify Show pay checks from to till day today
- Enter Tab on your keyboard
- Choose the check-in question, and click on Void.
- Click on ‘yes’ and choose Void.
- Click on to the checkbox by accepting to agree to the terms and conditions
- Once the check has been cancelled, select to close the Edit/Void Paychecks pane.
- Click on Employees, and select Send Payroll Data.
- Click on Send.
If the cancelled Direct Deposit pay checks doesn’t confirm in the Send Payroll Data pane
The subsequent steps will only work if none of the details is altered except voiding it
- Move to the voided paycheck
- Erase out the information in the Memo
- Select Save & Close.
- Now, you can re-open the paycheck.
- Double-click on Void Paycheck.
- Choose Save & Close.
Step 3: Confirmation of cancelled check
Till now, we really expect that problem of cancelling a pay check is been solved. If at all you face the error you are free to contact @ 1-800-731-1629 us anytime. Our Quickbooks Customer Care team are available 24*7 to give away maximum support they can and we promise you to get back to you within next 24 hrs. You can also leave us a mail at email@example.com.