Time tracking software is a classification of computer software that allows its employees to record time spent on tasks or projects. Nowadays, this software is quite popular among industries, business, and organizations. Mainly used where companies bill their customers on the basis of an hour. It is basically the electronic version of traditional paper time-sheet. Features of time tracking software are automatic generation of invoices to professional’s clients, tracking of fixed cost projects.
Based on the rates you mention and whether or not the time is billable, time detail will automatically visible on customer invoices. The number of details on the invoice is up to you. You can include:
- Employee’s name
- Hourly rate charged
- Number of hours billed — this appears as a decimal number on your invoice and as time on the printed or emailed version.
You can also modify the invoice to show the following:
- Text from the Description field on the timesheet
- The name of the standard service you are using
- Custom text that you specify for time tracking charges
Turn on time tracking
Here are the steps to turn on time tracking:
- Go to Settings and select Account and Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- In the Time tracking section, click on Edit
- Set your time tracking preferences:
- Add Service field to timesheets or Make Single-Time Activity Billable to Customer – When one of these boxes is checked, employees and contractors who fill out timesheets can specify if activities should be billed to a customer.
- Show billing rate to users entering time
- First day of work week drop-down – This affects how employees and contractors view weekly time sheets.
- Select Save, then Done.
Add a Time tracking user
Here is how to add a time tracking user:
- Go to Settings and click on Manage Users.
- Select Add user.
- Click on Time tracking only.
- Choose Next.
- Find the employee or supplier you want to add,
- Select next, and then enter their contact info.
- Select Save.
Make time billable
Once time tracking is set up, you can start marking timesheets also as billable.
- Click on the + New button.
- Select Single Time Activity or Weekly Timesheet.
- Enter all required details.
- Select the Billable box.
- Select Save and Close.
Make time always billable
- Go to Employees.
- Find the employee you want, then Edit
- Select the Billable by default checkbox.
- Select Save.
Access Time tracking reports
- Move to Reports.
- In the Enter report name field à
- Enter any of the following: Recent/Edited Time Activities, Time Activities by Customer Detail, Time Activities by Employee Detail, and Unbilled time.
We really hope that this post managed to fix all your queries regarding time tracking of your data. Our technical team will surely find out more such queries you come across. For further assistance feel free to contact our QuickBooks Customer Care as our team of expert leaders is available 24*7 or you can also directly drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.