We are glad to share how to set up a multi-user network with the help of QuickBooks Desktop support so computers on your network can easily access your company files.
In case, if you want to share your QuickBooks Desktop for Windows data with multiple users? Then you can set up a multi-user network to access your company files from other computers machine.
The setup requires you to adjust settings in QuickBooks Desktop, Windows, and your server.
Step 1: You may set up QuickBooks Desktop
Only one computer can host your company files on a multi-user network. This is your server computer machine. The computers that connect to your network that doesn’t host your company files are called work stations.
1. In case, if user haven’t already, then please follow the steps to download and then install QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer machine.
2. Next, click & select Custom and Network install for the install type.
3. Click & select I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer, AND I’ll be storing… if you want the full version of QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer machine. If you just want your server computer to host your files, select I will NOT be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer…
4. After that, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finish the install.
We strongly recommend keeping your company files on your server computer’s local hard drive. This makes it easier to share them over your network.
In case, if you want to keep your files on a network drive, then follow the steps to map the drive. Then come back to this article.
Step 2: You need to set folder permissions
Users need to follow the steps to set up folder permissions on your server computer machine. They have to make sure the folder with your company files has permission to be on their network.
Step 3: You need to install Database Server Manager
In case, if you follow the steps in Step 1, QuickBooks also installs QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server computer machine. This tool lets you share your company files with other computers over your network.
Step : 4 Make sure QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed.
Step 5: You may set admin rights
Users need to make sure the user account they use to log in to your server computer has Windows admin rights.
Also, make sure the Windows user account for Database Server Manager has admin rights.
Step 6: You may use Database Server Manager
Once you install the Database Server Manager, then follow the steps and use it to scan the folder that holds your company files.
Step 7: You may turn on hosting
If you have set up everything outside of QuickBooks, all you need to do is turn on Multi-user Access on your server computer machine. Your server computer should be the only computer with this feature on.
1. First, navigate to the File menu and hover over Utilities.
2. Next, click & select Host Multi-User Access. Then select yes to confirm.
Now users can host their company files over their network.
When user want to access your multi-user network, then log in as a user with admin rights on your server computer machine and workstations.
Hope, our article will help you to know how to set up and install a multi-user network for QuickBooks Desktop, if you are still confronting any issues in performing the steps mentioned above or the means don’t appear to be clear for you get in touch with our experts via visiting our website www.quickbooksupport.net otherwise you may even send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to be in touch with QuickBooks help to know more.