If users are working on QuickBooks and they are trying to open their company file, then they will receive the following message:
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…
Error codes: (-6073, -99001)
The reason of getting this error is usually occur by any of the following:
- Might be the file is open on another computer in Single User mode.
- Might be the file is located in a read-only network folder.
- May be the flies hosted on a Linux server and are using more than one set of login credentials to log in on to the shared folder.
- The file is being accessed using remote software (LogMeIn, GoToMyPc, etc.) and the host computer still sees that that user is still logged on.
Solution1: User may use the QuickBooks File Doctor.
If users getting any kind of error, then they can fix company file and network issues with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 2: User may manually resolve the QuickBooks error -6073, -99001
In case, if the company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
- First of all, Quit QuickBooks Desktop from all computer machines.
- Next, unzip the company file on the Host computer machine.
- Then navigate to the file menu, then click & select Switch to Multi-user mode.
- In case, if users are getting the same issue, then restart all workstations.
On the hosted computer, if the company file is open in Single User mode.
- First of all, navigate to the File menu, then click & select Close Company.
- Next, navigate to the File menu, and then select Open or Restore Company.
- Now click & select Open a company file, and then press next.
- Then click & select the company file.
- After that, choose open file in multi-user mode, then open it
In case, if the company file is located in a read-only network folder
- First of all, navigate to the computer that is hosting your company file.
- Next, unzip the folder where your company file is saved.
- Now click on the right, and then select Properties.
- Navigate to the Security tab.
- Click & select the user that is having issues to sign in, and then Edit.
- Users need to check Allow for Full control.
- After that, click & select Apply, then press OK.
In case, if the computer is being accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.
Users need to run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub (Downloaded in Solution 1).
- First, click & select Program Problems from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Next click & select Quick Fix my Program.
- After that, close and start your QuickBooks Desktop machine and open your data file.
We really hope that the above given solution will be a help for users to know how to resolve QuickBooks Error 6073, -9900 with the help of QuickBooks Error Support Number. If not, then you can reach to our experts via call or live chat via visiting our website www.quickbooksupport.net. Users can also draft a mail to us at email@example.com.