Today we will learn how to e-file and e-pay state tax forms together in QuickBooks Desktop machine with the help of QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Support Phone Number.
You will get to know that some State Tax Agencies require that you need to file your payment and forms together and you can also use the same submission method. Therefore, if users are able to you give payment through e pay, then they must need to e-file their form.
What requirements you needed to e-file and e-pay State forms and taxes together in QuickBooks Desktop Machine
- You can enhance payroll subscription in QuickBooks Desktop
- If you needed supported version of QuickBooks Desktop
- You need to update your payroll
- If you are looking for an internet connection
- You need to e-file your state form and e-pay your state tax in state enrolment.
- The login requirements to e-pay your state tax. You obtain your login requirements upon or after enrolling to your State Tax Agency.
State taxes that must be e-filed and e-payed together.
Below are some taxes that must be efiled and epayed together in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Connecticut Unemployment Insurance
- Florida Unemployment Insurance
- Indiana Withholding
- Mississippi Withholding
- Nebraska Unemployment Insurance
- New York Unemployment Insurance
- Ohio Unemployment Insurance
- Utah Unemployment Insurance
- Virginia Unemployment Insurance
States not supported for e-file and/or e-pay in QuickBooks Desktop.
|Arkansas||Kentucky||North Carolina||Puerto Rico||Vermont|
|District of Columbia||Massachusetts||New Hampshire||Rhode Island||West Virginia|
Things to remember :
Things to remember as you file.
- IN: In order to help QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers who usually file the Indiana WH-1 and WH-3 tax forms, QuickBooks Desktop Payroll added a new user field labeled County subject to withholding to the employee setup for Indiana Counties Tax; and a new Excel report called Local Tax Summary. The new report will enable you to identify the amount of tax withheld for each county.
- CT, FL, MS, NE, and UT: In case, if you have made a payment or filing using something other than the QuickBooks Desktop Enhanced Payroll then it will not be able to E-pay and E-file together in QuickBooks Desktop machine. You will also find that your E-pay and E-file together submission will be rejected by the agency. You can print and mail your remaining filing and/or payment. You can also go to the agency website and make the payment or filing online.
- For New York NYS1 form and payment: You will get to know that NY doesn’t allow a withdraw on date for the payment and after that state will pull the payment when they receive the form submission.
Users need to check Payroll Tax Compliance for more details.
If you e-file and e-pay at very first time
In order to e-file the state form and e-pay for the state tax liability, you are required to enroll in your State Tax Agency in QuickBooks Desktop Machine.
You need to change the scheduled state tax payment method to E-pay
The State tax payment method and form filing method will be set to e-pay and e-file respectively. When you pay your state tax through e-pay, QuickBooks Desktop will e-file the appropriate state form with it.
- First of all, navigate to Employees, then select Payroll Center.
- Click & select the Pay Liabilities tab. You can select Change Payment Method and after that your QuickBooks Payroll Setup window will open.
- Click & select the scheduled payment you want to update and then select Edit or change from QuickBooks Payroll Setup window
- In the Edit Payment Schedule window, select E-pay.
A warning message will inform you that QuickBooks Desktop will automatically set up E-file for the State tax.
- Press OK.
- Choose Finish, then you will be back to QuickBooks Payroll Setup window.
- In order to continue, select Continue.
- Now you need to select the account that you want to use for e-payments and then select Edit.
- You can type the Bank Account Number and Routing Number of the account from Edit Bank Account window
- Click & select Finish.
- Click & select Continue.
- Click & select Finish Later.
You can now e-file and e-pay together the State tax in QuickBooks Desktop machine.
E-file and e-pay together in QuickBooks Desktop.
- First, navigate to Employees, then select Payroll Center.
- Click & select the liability you are paying from the Pay Scheduled Liabilities section.
- Now you need to select the View/Pay button and your Tax Forms and Payments window will open.
- Select Continue. The appropriate form of the state will open.
- Select Next to review all pages.
- To check for errors, select Check for Errors. You need to correct any errors detected to be able to proceed.
- If you have checked that all errors are correct, then select Submit Form. The Submit Form dialog box will open.
- Click & select E-File & E-Pay.
- You can select the Bank Account for the e-payment.
- Click & select the E-file & E-pay button.
- Type the Contact phone number and E-mail address.
- Click & select Submit and that submission will appear to intuit window.
- Select Print Confirmation. This will serve as a confirmation that Intuit has received your request.
Important: Users are requested to check the status of their submission to the appropriate State Tax Agency. They can now check e-payment or e-filing status.
We believe that the above given information will be helpful for users to know how to e-file and e-pay state tax forms together in QuickBooks Desktop with the help of QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Support Phone Number. If users left with any issues, then they can get in touch with our QuickBooks Experts by dialling our toll-free number via visiting our website www.quickbooksupport.net. or users can also contact us by writing us a mail at email@example.com.