If you are trying to start QuickBooks point of sale in your QuickBooks, then you will see that your database connection wizard pops up and you are not able to open or run the company file, then please be calm as our we are here to get you know how to resolve the issue which causing the connection wizard to display in QuickBooks Point of Sale with the help of QuickBooks Point of Sale Support phone number.
There are the few reasons for the cause of this error:
• If your network settings aren’t properly configured in QuickBooks Application.
• Might be the regional setting of your windows is not correct in QuickBooks Application.
• Might be the firewall is blocking access to the company file in QuickBooks Application.
• May be your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is not installed correctly in QuickBooks Application.
Solution 1: You can configure the server database manager in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
1. First, navigate to the server machine and quit QuickBooks Point of Sale if it is in running condition.
2. Click & select the windows start icon and then enter “services.msc”. After it again press “Enter”.
3. Now it is required to click twice on version of the QBPOS Database Manager by clicking on the list of services that is using by you.
4. Click & select Automatic from the Startup type ▼ drop-down menu by clicking on the General tab.
5. Now, navigate to Log On tab, then select Local System Account and then click on Allow service to interact with desktop.
6. Click & select Apply, then return to the General tab.
7. Click & select Stop, then you have to wait for the Database Manager to stop.
8. Click & select Start, again you have to wait for the Database Manager to start, and then press OK.
9. At last, again unzip QuickBooks Point of Sale on both server and workstation computer machine.
Solution 2: You can use the connectivity troubleshooting tool in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
1. You can download and use QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Connectivity Tool.
2. You can check the QBPOS Install type:
o From Client workstation – You can also reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale as Server workstation.
o From Server workstation – If you are looking for server workstation then proceed to Solution 3.
Solution 3: You can change windows regional settings in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
1. First, navigate to region and language settings in QBPOS
2. Next click & select English (United States) from the Format drop-down menu.
3. Click & select apply, and then press OK.
4. After that again open QuickBooks Point of Sale.
If still, you are getting any issues then you need to close QuickBooks Point of Sale and move on to Solution 4.
Solution 4: You can rename your company file in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
1. First, click to the services window, then stop the QBPOS Database Manager service.
a. Click & select the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
b. Type services.msc on the run window then select OK.
c. Now search for the version of your QBPOS Database Manager.
d. After that right-click on it, then select Stop.
2. User can navigate to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale (version)\Data.
3. Click twice on the folder that matches your company name, and then select rename.
4. You need to add an X before the company name, and then press Enter.
5. Back to the Services window. Click right on your QBPOS Database Manager, and then select Start.
6. After that unzip QuickBooks Point of Sale, and then unzip the company file you renamed.
If your company file is successfully open, then you can name it back to the original company name. If you want to do this, navigate to file menu, then select company operations, then rename company.
We sincerely hope the article above will benefit you. With the above mentioned techniques, you get to know how to resolve the issue which causing the connection wizard to display in QuickBooks Point of Sale with the help of QuickBooks Point of Sale Support phone number with ease. But, if you do have a problem or if the above approaches are not working, please contact us on QuickBooks Support. You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org as well. You can stay in touch with our experts available all round the clock and available geographically. With the constant support QuickBooks POS Support.