QuickBooks, a well-known accounting software, is prone to a variety of mistakes, each of which has a particular cause for its existence, but QuickBooks payroll error PS058 is the odd one out, with no clear reason for its occurrence.
This is a generic code issue that might occur while attempting to download the most recent payroll update. This mistake might be caused by a human error, a machine error, or a combination of the two.
You may get in touch with our professionals at QuickBooks Support by dialing 1-888-585-4356.
In the alternative, you may address the problem on your own by following the step-by-step method provided below:
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
This QuickBooks payroll issue PS058 might be caused by one or more of the following:
- Your computer’s windows explorer files are corrupt
- Your QuickBooks company data has been corrupted or damaged
- QuickBooks accounting software is being blocked by your system firewall or other security software.
- Your corporate file is not on the local drive.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code PS058?
Further on in this piece, we will go over some of the most dependable troubleshooting techniques. To resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Download payroll updates again:
- First, go to the payroll server and download the payroll update again.
- Then, go to the help menu, choose employees, and click on Get payroll updates.
- Check the Download Entire update box now.
- Finally, click Download the latest update.
Solution 2: Examine and download the most recent update release from Intuit’s official website:
- If you know what version of QuickBooks you have, go to Intuit’s official website and download the most recent QuickBooks updates.
- If you don’t know your QuickBooks version, start the program and hit the F2 key on your keyboard. Then, in the product information box, look at the product line.
- Now, find the version of QuickBooks and the latest QuickBooks updates from Intuit’s website.
Solution 3: Download the most recent software update from the internet
- Download the qbwebpatch.exe patch file from the QuickBooks support page.
- Save the downloaded file to the PC that has QuickBooks installed.
- Complete the patch file installation before updating the tax file from the CD/flash drive.
Solution 4: Check if there is any problem with the company file
- To access the product information, press the ‘F2’ or ‘Ctrl+1’ keys. Make sure QuickBooks is open.
- Press Ctrl+2 or F3 on the product information window.
- Open the Tech Help window and select the Open File option.
- Double click on the qbwin.log file to open it
- Open the search box by using the Ctrl+F keys.
- In the box, type Error and press the Enter key.
- Examine the error code and do the necessary troubleshooting actions.
- If there are no mistakes, go to the next step.
Solution 5: Use RegCure and follow the instructions
- Start task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys. In the program list, look for qbupdate.exe and qbdagent.exe
- Close them if you discover them.
- Now, in the research window, typereboot.bat
- When you double-click the file, a DOS-style shell will pop up.
- Wait for it to shut by itself
- Restart your computer and download the most recent payroll updates.
Solution 6: Run the reboot.bat file
- To begin, start the task manager (ctrl+alt+del)
- After that, go to the Processes tab and look for QuickBooks and the processes associated with it.
- Now, one by one, exit all programs.
- Press the start button on the keyword or the screen, and then type reboot.bat into the search area.
- Now, click the Enter key
- Run the file and wait for the procedure to complete.
- After the procedure is complete, close it.
- Restart your computer and try to download the most recent payroll tax.
Why Choose QuickBooks Support?
Most of our clients have asked, “Why should we select QuickBooks payroll assistance for our QuickBooks issues?” This is a simple question with an obvious answer.
QuickBooks support will resolve your issue as quickly as possible. As a consequence, we offer 24-hour customer service to address any technical questions you may have.
In most situations, the method listed above will assist you in resolving QuickBooks payroll update error code PS058. If the problem persists or reoccurs, it is advisable to contact QuickBooks Payroll support staff at 1-888-585-4356 for immediate assistance.