QuickBooks Error 12045 happens when the program is updated. The most common causes of Error Code 12045 include wrong date/time settings, internet connection settings, and so on.
We’ve spoken about the reasons of this problem and how to resolve it in this post. Simply contact the QuickBooks support team by contacting the QuickBooks phone number for further information on QuickBooks.
Some of the reasons that leads to the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error Code 12045
- Date/Time on the system is incorrect.
- The internet connection settings are incorrect.
- QuickBooks services are being blocked by security or a firewall.
- On the computer, there are multiple QuickBooks versions installed.
Before you start debugging this error number, there’s one thing you should do.
Make a backup of your company’s files.
- It is our recommended that you generate a company file backup because if something goes wrong during the troubleshooting procedure, you will not lose any of your data.
- QuickBooks is now open.
- Go to File, then to Back Up Company, and then to Create Local Backup.
- Now, to generate a company file backup, follow the on-screen instructions.
Simple Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12045
Step 1: Reinstall QuickBooks Updates after resetting the updates.
- QuickBooks Desktop needs to be open.
- To update QuickBooks Desktop, go to Help and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Update Now should be selected.
- Select Reset Update from the drop-down menu and click it. Get Notifications
- It’s possible that updating QuickBooks Desktop will take some time.
Step 2: Make sure the computer’s date and time are correct.
This procedure is compatible with all Windows editions.
● Please ensure the date and times are correct by clicking on the date and time in the bottom right-hand corner. If not, use the (Windows+R) keys together to bring up the Run box.
● In a search box, type Control or Control Panel.
● Select Clock and Region from the drop-down menu.
● Choose a date and time.
● Select Change the date and time from the drop-down menu.
● Change the time and date to your desired time zone, then click OK.
● Now select Change time zone from the drop-down menu. Make sure your time zone is right; otherwise, this error may occur.
● Close QuickBooks and reopen it before attempting to install the updates.
Step 3: Double-check the settings for your internet connection.
To see if it’s the internet connection that’s creating the problem. Perform the following actions:
- Visit your bank’s website, such as chase.com, in your web browser. If you are unable to access the website, it is recommended that you contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Please perform the following if you are able to access the bank’s website:
- QuickBooks Desktop is now open.
- Click on Internet Connection Setup under Help.
- To establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet, choose my computer’s Internet connection options.
- Next should be selected.
- Advanced Connection Settings should be selected.
- Select Restore advanced settings from the advanced tab.
- Apply and then OK.
- After that, click done.
- QuickBooks Desktop should be closed.
Restart the software then try to install the updates again.
Step 4: Using the Same Computer to Run Multiple QuickBooks Versions.
When you get the same QuickBooks versions installed on your computer, such as QuickBooks Pro 2019 and QuickBooks Premier 2019, you’ll get this issue. If you only need to install the latest release for QuickBooks Pro 2019, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Downloads and Updates section of the QuickBooks website.
- Select your country now.
- Choose a product, such as QuickBooks Pro.
- Choose a version, such as 2019, for example.
- Click on the Search button.
- Then, below the Download option, select Get the Latest Updates, and then obey the on-screen directions to install the most recent release.
For your unique QuickBooks version, you must follow the same steps.
Step 5: Configure the Firewall and Security Application Settings
The QuickBooks desktop may be unable to run updates due to security software. We propose that you put it on hold for a short length of time. For instance, wait 30 minutes before attempting to install the updates. This issue could potentially be caused by the firewall setup. The firewall will prevent you from installing the latest updates if it is preventing access to the machine. For a firewall configuration, you can speak with one of our professionals.
Final Thoughts :
After completing all of the procedures above, you should no longer be experiencing QuickBooks Error Code 12045; however, if it persists, you can contact our professionals for assistance. Make a call to our QuickBooks phone number and our experts will assist you. Simply notify us at email@example.com if you’ve any queries. You can also get solutions to your QuickBooks questions at www.quickbooksupport.net.