QuickBooks is a popular and well-known accounting program that currently dominates the market. The fantastic and unique features in QuickBooks software are the key reason for its enormous popularity. QuickBooks also offers a variety of subscription plans based on the needs of the user, all of which are very cost-effective. Users may experience problems with specific flaws in the software from time to time. Error codes hamper the software’s smooth operation and take up a significant amount of time during business hours. However, QuickBooks has a number of tools that can assist in swiftly fixing these mistakes. Nonetheless, users are occasionally dissatisfied with the services provided by QuickBooks software. Continue reading to learn how to remove a QuickBooks account. If you require any additional information or assistance, please contact our QuickBooks support team, who will gladly assist you.
What is The Process For Deleting A QuickBooks Account?
It’s straightforward to delete a QuickBooks account. To remove QuickBooks, you must first cancel your membership. All you have to do is follow the procedures outlined below:
- Go to your QuickBooks Online account and log in.
- Then, on the ‘Gear’ symbol, click. Select ‘Accounts and Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Billing and Subscription’ tab from the left sidebar.
- Pick the ‘Cancel Online’ or ‘Cancel Subscription’ button in the ‘QuickBooks’ section. Choose the option to “Continue to Cancel.”
- To cancel your subscription, click the ‘Submit and Cancel Subscription’ option.
- Afterwards, select the option “Got it.”
If you only want to delete a few accounts in QuickBooks, you can do so. Then there will be some further actions to take.
Deleting accounts in QuickBooks is likewise a simple process, but there are a few things to keep in mind before you delete any accounts:
- When you delete accounts in QuickBooks Software, it does not mean that your transactions will be deleted as well.
- There will be no effect on your reports if you eliminate accounts in QuickBooks.
- In addition, QuickBooks has a function that allows you to recover your deleted accounts at any moment.
- By changing the Charts Of Accounts (COA) page, you can additionally include inactive or deleted accounts.
- However, some accounts in QuickBooks, such as the sales tax account, do not have a delete option.
Methods for Deleting Accounts in QuickBooks Desktop
In both desktop and online programs, there is a different approach for deleting accounts. To delete accounts in QuickBooks’ desktop application, follow these steps:
- Proceed to the ‘Lists’ option from the top left menu bar.
- Select the ‘Accounts Charts’ option.
- Afterwards, right-click on the account you want to delete and select Delete.
- A notice about deleting an account will appear on your screen.
- Select ‘Delete Account’ from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, select the option “Ok.”
Delete Accounts in QuickBooks Online a Step-by-Step Guide
As previously noted, deleting accounts in QuickBooks Online differs from deleting accounts in the QuickBooks desktop program. The methods to delete accounts in QuickBooks Online are as follows:
- Click the ‘Gear’ icon in the top right corner.
- Next, go on to the next step.
- Afterwards, you must select the ‘Charts of Accounts’ option under the ‘Company’ section.
- Locate the account that needs to be deleted.
- Select the drop-down arrow in the ‘Action’ column as well as select the ‘Delete’ option.
- A confirmation notice will appear on your computer screen, asking if you are sure you wish to remove that account.
- To agree, click the ‘Yes’ button.
How Do I Recover Account That Have Been Deleted or Are Inactive?
When you delete an account, it is no longer shown in the Charts of Accounts. Deleted and inactive accounts, on the other hand, can be included. The processes include deleted or inactive accounts are outlined below:
- Select the ‘Accounting’ menu from the left menu bar.
- Select the ‘Gear’ symbol from the ‘Action’ column above.
- Make a check in the box labeled “Include Inactive.”
- Then, using the search box, look for the deleted account.
Final Thoughts :
Deleting QuickBooks accounts or removing accounts in QuickBooks is a basic and uncomplicated operation, but you must follow the procedures precisely. If a user is having trouble deleting their QuickBooks accounts or removing accounts in QuickBooks, feels free to contact our QuickBooks Support Phone Number professionals for assistance. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also go to www.quickbooksupport.net, a website dedicated to answering QuickBooks questions.