The QuickBooks is one of the popular software that is cutting-edge financial accounting programme for all small and medium-sized companies. Yet, you buy new computers because of the damage to your operating system. Thus, it is extremely important to reinstall or transfer the QuickBooks to New Computer from your previous computer to allow use of QuickBooks application tool in your new operating device. Many of you can have less technical experience and are therefore unable to transfer their QuickBooks from old to new computers. If you are one of them as well don’t worry! Here are just the fruitful directives for you. Let’s take a look at the indicated lines.
We will include all the instructions for moving QuickBooks to new computers in this post. And if you have any questions or need more details, please contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support for help.
Now let us learn to transfer the QuickBooks to a new computer
- At first you need to make sure that your new computer complies with the requirements of the system.
- Then, Download the newest edition of the QuickBooks Desktop, if you haven’t already. After that save the file where you can find it quickly (like your Windows desktop).
- Keep your number for the product and license in hand.
Guidelines for transferring the QuickBooks to a new PC
- If you just want to quickly and easily reinstall or switch the QuickBooks to a new device, we’ll demonstrate you how you can do it manually. And here are the details that will definitely be beneficial. Have a glance at the points mentioned below:
- Collecting your product and license details from the QuickBooks Desktop is the very first step that you must take.
- Then, once you have access to this basic knowledge, uninstall your pre-installed QuickBooks software before you try to reinstall it.
- Now on the newly acquired computer device on which you would like to run the QuickBooks Desktop, download the installation file or insert the CD file.
- After that open the file QuickBooks.exe that you downloaded on the new PC.
- After that Follow the prompted on-screen instructions correctly.
- Then accept the software license agreement then click on the Next” tab.
- after that you must enter your Product and License numbers
- After this select the tab for Next”
- There after The QuickBooks Desktop has been successfully installed on your new PC.
Deciding what sort of installation is right for your new computer
Mainly there are two choices that are ideal for you for installing QuickBooks: express, or custom, and network.
Express Installation: Express installation is only recommended to you if you are:
- A beginner.
- at the time of QuickBooks Reinstallation.
- Going to just another device to use QuickBooks
- then use the following steps to launch the express installation:
- at first “Choose Express, and tap “Next
- after that Choose ‘Install’
- When it’s done, click Open QuickBooks to get started on your new machine using this software.
Custom and Network Install: You can only do a custom install if you are:
- QuickBooks installation anywhere other than the default location (such as on a server).
- Hosting files from your business on a computer.
- Setting up a network for multi-users.
- Pick the options for “Custom and Network” and tap Next.
- Pick the choice that explains how the QuickBooks can be used.
- after that Select Change the install position in the next one.
- To decide where the QuickBooks folder needs to be placed, click ‘Browse’.
- People placed it in the folder for their programmes.
- To launch the installation, click Next.
- When the installation is over, select Open QuickBooks to get started.
We highly suggest taking QuickBooks Support to learn more about downloading the QuickBooks and converting it from the old device to a new computer.
Popular Reinstallation or Transfer Questions for an existing installation
When you decide to transfer the QuickBooks to the new computer, there will be a number of things in your mind. We are talking about them as well:
What about if you haven’t received your CD? If you do not have your QuickBooks installation CD, just don’t worry about that as you can download your version of QuickBooks by using the license key number and model number.
What about if you don’t have your license and key numbers for the product? lf you do not have your license and product number, then try to locate a licence or product number that is incomplete or illegible. Now let us find out how to find the most relevant QuickBooks desktop product information:
- At first on your new computer, launch the QuickBooks Desktop
- After that on your keyboard, click the F2 key.
- Then in the Product Details section, look for your product name, product number and license number.
- Finally, at the end of the product number, check for your release
- After that Go to the ‘File’ section and check for your version of the Used Version. The list is sorted by the date at the top of the oldest version and at the bottom of the most recent version.
Will you be required to register the QuickBooks after you have reinstalled or removed it? Well, for sure if you switch your installation from one device to another computer, you ought to register again. Here is the guide to do so:
- Firstly, go to the “Help” section and select the option “Register QuickBooks” to start the registration process more efficiently.
- After entering your business phone number and postal code, Intuit will recognize if you already have a registered copy of QuickBooks and record the registration details for the new device.
Note: In case you reinstall the QuickBooks on a previously registered device, you would not have to register again. the QuickBooks will detect your already registered copy of QuickBooks and will not prompt you to update.
What’s going to happen to my company files? Moving the installation of your QuickBooks from one device to another does not transfer files from your company. Your company files must be individually copied to the new location. However, you will transfer the company file from your old machine to your new machine.
It doesn’t affect your company files by reinstalling the QuickBooks over an existing installation. With a reinstalled copy of QuickBooks, you can open your business files as you would usually do.
After following the above sequence to transfer the QuickBooks to new computers, you will hopefully not encounter any problem. After taking all of the above steps, you can talk to our experts if you face a problem by calling our QuickBooks Support USA for our professional assistance. They are incredibly talented and adequately proficient, so you can move your QuickBooks Desktop from one computer to another in the matter of seconds. You will get assistance by messaging us at (email@example.com). You can also visit our web site at www.quickbooksupport.net for more QuickBooks-related things.