The QuickBooks Payroll provides a large range of different features and tools that help you to handle your business and workforce without any issues. Which ensures the seamless flow of the group, but we can also experience some problems with this wonderful software from time to time.
The QuickBooks POS Error 121 can usually arise anytime anyone attempts to sign-in to their QuickBooks Point of Sale rather than system admin, thus it is often called Permission refused error. The message “QuickBooks POS Error 121 denied that you do not have permission to choose from timeouts” would pop up on the computer screen if someone encounters such an error. An error problem of this kind prohibits users from downloading any modified apps. Users are expected to log in to the system administrator to install any upgrades. Therefore, while using the QuickBooks, in case you happen to come across this particular error code, take support from well-qualified engineers to fix the issues. In this article we will discuss about the error 121 and the ways to resolve the error.
The various causes for the occurrence of the QuickBooks POS error 121
The QuickBooks POS Error 121 occurs because of the below mentioned error made by you:
- As you log in as a ‘Guest User’ and then attempt to upgrade QuickBooks, the corresponding error code occurs at that time.
- On the screen shows up an error message reading “QuickBooks Point of sale error 121 rejected & you do not have permission to select from the timeouts”
- When you visit the support and app updates page in the QuickBooks POS once you have encountered with the error, you can see software updates that will cope with the problem.
- It is important to download software upgrade and keep running on the server and the work area
Methods to Correct the QuickBooks POS Error 121
In order to fix the QuickBooks Error 121, you must delete all data and information from the Entitlement Client folder and delete the file WSAactivity.xml as well. You must make sure that the Point of Sale on your Windows is locked before you begin executing the settlement processes.
Procedure 1: Close All Operation and Services of Points of Sale
To do it, follow the instructions mentioned below:
Open “Project Manager” first then select “Processes”
Check and finish the exe processes listed below afterwards:
You have to close the Task Manager once you close all those exe folders.
And afterwards, immediately hit the “Windows” key on your keyboard.
Enter “services.msc” in the search browser.
Over the next stage, go to the Services window and check for the QuickBooks Point of sale Database Manager
Then end-up all the programmes
After that, shut down the services window.
If the QuickBooks POS Error 121 problem still exists when operating on the accounting programme, then switch to the next procedure that is recommended.
Procedure 2: delete Required Files
Display the hidden Windows folders at first,
For the users of windows 8.1 and 8
- On your keyboard, click the Windows Start button
- Then select a choice for the “Control Panel”
- After that click on ‘Appearance’
- Then, choose ‘Folder Options’
- Then tap on the view tab
- Click ‘Display hidden files, directories, & drives’ under the ‘Advanced settings’ section
- Select ‘OK’ then,
For the users of Vista and Windows 7
- At first, you need to right-click on the ‘Start Windows’ button after that select Open Windows Explorer.
- Click the Organize button and pick the ‘Folder & Search’ option.
- Tap on the tab ‘View’
- Press ‘Display hidden folders and files’
- Please ensure the ‘Hide Protected Operating Files’ checkbox is unmarked.
- You have to press “Yes” to check that a warning message would appear on the screen.
- And afterwards “OK” needs to be pressed
For the users of Windows XP
- First of all, you need to select the ‘Keys’ option afterwards select the’ Folder Options’ option.
- Click the ‘View’ button & uncheck the ‘Hide extensions for recognized file types’ argument.
- Select ‘Show hidden files and folders’ & unmark’ Hide protected files for the operating system’
- Click OK after that
Depending on the operating system, continue to the spot. The coordinates are separately listed below for any Windows
C:\Program data\intuit\entitlement client \v8.0 for Windows 8 and 8.1-
Windows 7 and vista-c: \Program data\intuit\client entitlement\v8.0
User data\intuit\entitlement client\v8.0 For XP-c: \documents and settings\all users\application
Then, you have to press “CTRL+A” on the keyboard to pick all the files in the folder, and afterwards right-click on them to click “Delete” and delete all the selected files.
Return to the previous position with c:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XXX
Open and uninstall the ‘WSActivity file’ from the INI folder
Open Point of Sale again & download and install the updates available
Finally, you have to end the application process.
The above article will help you understand about the error 121 of QuickBooks and fix the error. However, if you have any trouble, feel free to contact the QuickBooks point of sale support. Our trained experts will help you solve the problem in every possible way. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org by writing to us. Visit – www.quickbooksupport.net for further information. Keep in touch with our current 24 * 7 executives to direct you.