In this article you will learn how to create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item in QuickBooks Desktop payroll. To know more, contact QuickBooks Desktop Support.
For things such as mileage, travel, or non-taxable insurance reimbursements you can create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. Read further to know how:
Follow the steps below to add a new payroll item:
- Adding a new payroll item is thefirst thing you need to do.
- Select Payroll Item List from Lists on the menu bar.
- Click on the Payroll Item and then select New.
- Select the Custom Setup option button if you are using a U.S. version of QuickBooks only. Click on Next.
- Click on the Addition item type and then select next.
Follow the steps below to set up the new item:
- Now, you need to set up a new item.
- To track travel or mileage amounts,select an expense account. Choose an asset account if this will be an advance to the employee.
- The amounts don’t report on tax forms, for that you need to set the Tax Tracking type to None. And then click on Next.
- Select the Based on Quantity checkbox for amounts paid per mile/kilometer. Click on Next.
- Select to calculate on net pay. And then click on Next.
- Now, you need to enter a Default Rate and then click on Finish.
- To the employee’s record, add the item
- Finally, to the employee’s record, you need to add the item.
- Choose Employee Center from Employees on the menu bar.
- Double-click on the name of the employee.
In the Payroll Info tab, from the drop-down list under Additions, Deductions, and Company Contributions, add the item.
In the Other Payroll Items area of the Preview Paycheck screen the addition item will appear while creating pay checks. Make sure you enter the appropriate amount in the Quantity column if the item is based on quantity.
To know more on how to create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item in QuickBooks Desktop payroll, call us on our QuickBooks desktop support number. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information visit – www.quickbooksupport.net.