On this article you will learn how to move your vendors, customers, products, services, and accounts from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop. To know more, contact QuickBooks Support USA.
We’re here to help you if you need a hand moving from QuickBooks Online to Desktop. If you want to spend less time on data entry, here’s how to move your lists and balances to your new desktop file. The open balances of vendors, customers, and accounts to your desktop file can be transferred; and we will help you with this.
Do not worry if you have already canceled your QuickBooks Online. For a year you still have access to your data and that is plenty of time to move everything you require.
Please Note: Reach out to your accountant before you start. Please ensure that this change is right for you. We can help you find one if you don’t have an accountant.
Now, you need move your vendors, accounts, customers, and opening balances
This won’t bring over transactions associated with your customers, vendors, or accounts but will only bring their current open balances in QuickBooks Online. Export all of your data if you want to move your transactions too.
Step 1: Exporting your account, customer, and vendor list reports to Excel
- As an admin, sign in to QuickBooks Online
- In the Reports menu, look for and open an Account List, Customer Contact List, or Vendor Contact List.
- Select Customize on the report.
- Click on Rows and Columns and then select Change columns.
- Click and then reorder columns. To learn what columns to select and their correct order you can refer to the tables.
- Select Run report when you’re done. To export the report, and save it in a folder that can be accessed quickly, follow the steps.
Step 2: Adding your customer and vendor open balances
- In the Sales menu and select the Customers tab. In the Expenses menu, select the Vendors tab.
- Click on the Export to Excel icon. In a folder you can access quickly, save the Excel file.
- Open the Excel file that you have just saved to get the open balances, and then you need to copy the Open Balance column.
- Now, you need to open the Excel file of customers or vendors that was saved in Step 1.
- Make sure you remove them from the worksheet as you don’t need the first 4 rows.
- Add the Open Balance column that you have copied, and then save the changes you have made.
Step 3: Mapping your QuickBooks fields and import
- As an admin, sign in to your company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select Utilities and the Import from the File menu.
- Click on Excel Files. Select No. on the window that appears.
- Click on Advanced Import.
- Click on Browse. Now, go to the Excel file of account, customer, or vendor list that you have to import.
- Click on the Choose a mapping drop-down, and then select Add New.
- Depending on the list you’re importing add a mapping name. For instance, add “Account List.”
- Choose an import type, and then with your worksheet headers start matching QuickBooks fields. Once you’re done, select save. Please Note: Check this mapping sample for customer list to map the billing address details correctly.
- To ensure that there are no mapping errors, click on Preview.
- Select what you’d like to happen if QuickBooks finds errors in the error handling section:
- Now, import rows having errors and then leave error fields blank
- Please note: On should not import rows with errors
- Click on OK. Select Import once you’re ready.
- If the import is successful or there’s any error, QuickBooks will let you know automatically.
- Save the error log if QuickBooks finds an error. How to fix the errors can be seen be opening it again.
QuickBooks will let you choose what you want to happen with the duplicates, if you receive a “Duplicate Record Found” error. You can perform the following:
- You can keep existing data and discard the data that is imported.
- Ignoring blank fields, replace existing data with import data.
- Including blank fields, replace existing data with import data.
To know more on learn how to move your vendors, customers, products, services, and accounts from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop, call us on our QuickBooks Support USA. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information visit – www.quickbooksupport.net .