QuickBooks is a software helps to perform various functionalities related to accounting record where we will be managing to handle records, manage the sheet for employee, complete record on emails, pay stubs in QuickBooks Desktop.
Now, if you are searching for some files and you are not able to find it, it will show you some errors occurred. The searching of QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log helps you to find out the reason of few errors in QuickBooks Desktop company file. If you talk about QuickBooks Desktop then it finds out the messages and errors, verify and rebuilding data in a particular file, in that case if you are using Windows then it is known as QBWin.log file while in Mac it is known as QuickBooks.log file.
How to resolve this issue of searching the QBWin.log and QuickBooks.log file?
Access QBWin.log on a local computer
Method 1: Access QBWin.log from QuickBooks Product Information screen
- While you are on the Home page, continue holding F2 key or press Ctrl+1 to open the Product Information window.
- Hit F3 or continue holding Ctrl+2 to open the Tech Help window, then choose the Open File tab.
- Click on QBWin.log, then select Open File.
Method 2: Access the QBWin.log in Windows
Move your cursor to the path of QBWin.log using File explorer.
- Open the command prompt
- Search for the file explorer
- Click on it
- Follow the path:
C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks\log\XX.X\QBWin.log
If you are able to see in path, xxx denotes the version of QuickBooks you are using.
Method 2: Access QBWin.log on Rights Networks or other Hosted Environment
If you are the user of QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier:
- In the Start menu of your Hosted or Terminal environment, click on Computer.
- In the search menu, enter QBWin.log.
- Do not hit Enter or choose the magnifying glass icon.
- A list of QBWin.logs will be displayed. Search for the QBWin.log which includes the updated timestamp.
If you are the user of QuickBooks Enterprise Solution:
- While you are using QuickBooks on the Home page, hold the F2 key or press Ctrl+1 to open the Product Information window.
- Continue holding F3 or Ctrl+2 to open the Tech Help window.
- Click on the Open File tab.
- Choose QBWin.log, then click on Open File.
If this is not still working, feel free to make us a call on our toll free number of QuickBooks Support USA.
QuickBooks for Mac
- QuickBooks for Mac does not create individual sections for Verify or Rebuild log.
- QuickBooks.log is created for every user.
- Instead of QuickBooks for Windows, QuickBooks for Mac does not create a new log file every time you think to restart your program.
Access the Quickbooks.log in OSX 10.7 or later.
- In the Go menu, click on Go to Folder.
- Enter in ~/Library.
- Open the Logs folder, then click to open the QuickBooks folder.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks.log file.
If still facing hurdles in searching of QBWin.log and QuickBooks.log file, immediately dial our toll free number of QuickBooks Support USA @ 1-800-731-1629 and you can also drop a mail to us at email@example.com. You can instantly dial our toll free number 24*7 to help you to make your accounting data stress free so that you can highly concentrate on your company file.
Comments are closed.