QuickBooks Desktop makes it reliable for you and your accountant to maintain exact books accurate. Your accountant can generate journal entries in a copy of your company file in QuickBooks. After that, they can send the journal entries to you and thus you can add them to your books and modify your books accurate. This gives you sufficient amount of space to work while your accountant makes slight bookkeeping adjustments.
On the offset if your accountant sends you new journal entries; let us discuss how to import journal entries to your QuickBooks company file.
Import a general journal entry file
- Your accountant had sent you email, download the particular attached file. QBJ is the extension of journal entries files that your accountant has sent
- You can quickly access the saved file folder like your desktop folder.
- Click on Open your company files in QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the File menu, click on Utilities then select Import.
- Then, choose General Journal Entries.
- Search and choose the QBJ file you saved.
- Now, you will be able to see all journal entries that your accountant as sent to you on the Add General Journal Entries window. You can deselect entries you do not want to add to your books accurate. Make sure so that your accountant knows about it.
- Choose Add GJEs, and then click on OK.
We really hope that till now you are able to resolve query of importing Journal entries from your accountant on your own for enhanced and developed functioning. If still error persists, feel free to contact QuickBooks Customer Care USA or you can also drop us a mail at email@example.com.