What happened? You are trying to open a company file and it is not opening. So, you must be facing QuickBooks Error -6000, -77. Do not hesitate to contact us or you can also go carefully through our post to get information on the QuickBooks Error -6000, -77. QuickBooks is accounting software which will obviously cause some or the error which is occurred by you. Thus, it becomes our responsibility that your company should not be affected due to errors we are getting. But make sure if QuickBooks Customer Care USA is installed on other drive then make it run on a local drive.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -77?
- Method 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- You must download QuickBooks tool Hub, then install it and run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Method 2: Rename files of extension .ND or .TLG
- .ND and .TLG are configuration files which allow QuickBooks Desktop to use the company files in a network or in the multi-user mode.
- Whether these configuration files are corrupted or damaged this error will arise in .ND or .TLG files when you are opening QuickBooks desktop
- By renaming these files loss of data can be occurred. Since, these files are created automatically when you try to open the company file or you try to scan the file using QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Double click to open the folder which contains your QuickBooks Company file. Default Location:C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\FolderName\QuickBooks\Company Files
- Search for the files with the same name as of your company file but with extensions .ND and .TLG. Example:qbw.tlg
- Double-click on .nd/.tlg files and click on Rename.
- You must add the word “.old” after every file extension.
Solution 3: Utilize a UNC path rather than mapped drive
- Double click on the QuickBooks icon of QuickBooks Desktop continue pressing the Ctrlkey on your keyboard, and choose Run as Administrator.
- Hold down the Ctrlkey till the time you won’t have No Company Open window.
- In the left pane, click on Network, and scroll to the location of your company file.
- Click on to the company file and choose Open.
Solution 4: Configure firewall and security software
- To list out steps, verify your Configure Firewall and Internet security settings.
Solution 5: Recreate the damaged folder
- Generate a new folder on your C: drive.
- You have to open the folder where you have saved your company file.
- Search for the .qbw file. Example:qbw
- Double-click on the .qbw files and choose Copy.
- Click to open the new folder, and then click on Pasteto paste the file.
- Set Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and now on the new location where you have saved your company file, open your QuickBooks Company file.
Hope, you are able to resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -77 till now on your own for advanced functioning of QuickBooks accounting software. If still you face the same issue you are free to contact us @ 1-800-731-1629. to QuickBooks Customer Care USA, our executives will surely help you out in resolving it. You can also drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.