Learn how to migrate from QuickBooks Self-Employed data to QuickBooks Online.
Are your operations growing quickly? Congratulations on your success! If you need more tools to keep up with your bookkeeping, consider upgrading to QuickBooks Self-Employed with TurboTax or adding QuickBooks Live. If you are looking for more space to grow, move on to QuickBooks Online.
Start a new QuickBooks Online subscription, whenever you’re ready to switch, manually import your data, and then cancel your QuickBooks Self-Employed subscription. Below mentions the steps to know how to move your data over to QuickBooks Online.
|Important: We’re working to make this process easier. Soon, we will be out with a feature that will allow you to automatically transfer your data to QuickBooks Online.
The new method will be available in the next few months. We’ll update these steps as soon as it’s available.
Step 1: Save your QuickBooks Self-Employed data
Before you unsubscribe, download all of your work from QuickBooks Self-Employed:
- In QuickBooks Self-Employed, go to the Reports
- In the Tax detailssection, select a tax year.
- Select Downloadto get a Tax Details report. Download a report for each tax year you have in QuickBooks.
Step 2: Download the transactions you need to move
You can download your transactions in a CSV file and upload them into QuickBooks Online. Even if you decide not to import everything, it’s a good idea to download all of your transactions for your records.
- In QuickBooks Self-Employed, go to the Transactions
- Select the accounts transaction types, and time periods you want to download from the drop-down menus.
- Select the download icon to download the CSV file. Save it somewhere that’s easy to find, like your Windows desktop.
|Note: You can also use a third-party app like Transaction Pro and Excel Importer to import them into QuickBooks Online|
Step 3: Sign up for QuickBooks Online
Follow the steps to sign up for QuickBooks Online. After you transfer your data over, you can cancel your QuickBooks Self-Employed subscription.
Step 4: Move your downloaded transactions to QuickBooks Online
Before you upload anything, think about how much data you want to keep in QuickBooks Online.
If you plan to connect the same bank and credit card accounts you used in QuickBooks Self-Employed, you don’t need to move any transactions. Instead, follow the steps to connect your accounts. QuickBooks will automatically download several months of recent transactions. The Online Banking feature saves time and avoids accidentally importing duplicates.
But if you don’t plan to connect the same accounts, upload your CSV file into QuickBooks Online:
- Sign in to your new QuickBooks Online Company.
- Select Settings and then Import Data.
- Select Bank Data.
- In the Get your info from your banksection, select Browse.
- Find and select the CSV file you downloaded earlier. Then select next.
- From the QuickBooks Account▼ drop-down menu, select the account you want to move the transactions into. If you don’t have any accounts yet, here’s how to create new ones. Match the statement fields from the CSV with the ones in QuickBooks Online. Then select Next.
- Select the transactions you want to move to QuickBooks Online. Then select Next.
- When you’re ready to import, select let’s go.
|Important: Although QuickBooks Self-Employed exports you’re in the exported file, QuickBooks Online may not keep them when you import the file. These categories are based on a Schedule C. QuickBooks Online doesn’t use the same categories.|
Once your transactions are in QuickBooks Online, go to the Banking menu. Follow the steps to review and categorize your transactions.
Step 5: Cancel your QuickBooks Self-Employed subscription
Once you have all your data, you can cancel your subscription. Follow the steps based on where you purchased QuickBooks Self-Employed.
|Note: Uninstalling the QuickBooks Self-Employed app on your mobile device won’t cancel your subscription. Learn more about cancelling subscriptions on iOs and Android.|
Purchased directly from QuickBooks or Intuit
- Open QuickBooks Self-Employed in a web browser on your laptop or desktop. You can’t cancel from the QuickBooks mobile app.
- Select your Business Namenext to Settings ⚙. Then select Billing info.
- Select Cancel your accountand follow the onscreen steps.
Purchased from the Apple App Store (iOS)
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Settingsfor your device.
- SelectITunes & App Store.
- Sign in to your apple account. Then select your Apple ID.
- Select View Apple ID.
- Under Active, select Manage.
- Select QuickBooks Self-Employedand then Cancel Subscription.
Purchased from the Google Play Store (Android)
- On your phone or tablet, open Google Play.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Select the Menu ☰
- In the Subscriptions section, look for QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Select Canceland follow the onscreen steps.
Cancel your free trial
Your 30-day QuickBooks Self-Employed trial expires automatically. Since you didn’t give us any billing info, we won’t bill you.
You may call our QuickBooks Customer Care Support USA executive on our toll-free number. There are other mediums also to contact us. You may contact us to visit our website portal @ www.quickbooksupport.net or even reach out to us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.