Learning how can your employees access their W-2s in QuickBooks Workforce.
W-2s and their availability in Workforce, is a topic wondered by many of you. We have provided with the answers to some frequently asked questions about it.
|Point to remember: From November 1, 2018, we have migrated from View My Paycheck (VMP) to QuickBooks Workforce (QB Workforce).|
How can W-2s be made available for my employees in Workforce?
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced:
- After processing your employee W-2s in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, you will come across the following option: Provide employees with secure, online access to their W-2 forms on Intuit’s free QuickBooks Workforce site. The system already has selected this option, by default.
- After you select Finish, the following screens appear to confirm and send an email to employees about the availability of their W-2s:
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted:
In mid-January W-2s for Employers using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted are automatically uploaded to QuickBooks Workforce.
QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced:
W-2s for Employers using QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced will automatically upload to QuickBooks Workforce once the W-2 Copy A has been electronically filed with the SSA through QBOP. The employees will be provided with W-2 after 24-48 hours once the e-filing has taken place.
If my employee does not currently have access to Workforce. What is the procedure for sign-up?
To sign-up your employee will have to follow these steps:
- Firstly, Select the link in the notification email from your employer.
- SelectSign Up. Answer the security questions whenever you see the prompt.
- To create an Intuit account you are required to Follow the onscreen instructions . Then sign in. (Note:If you already have access to an Intuit account, use that account to sign in.)
- View and, if you’d like, print your W-2.
Employees need to enter their Social Security number and the net pay check amount for their most recent pay check when they sign up for QuickBooks Workforce. This will grant them access to their own pay checks.
The Social Security number and net pay check amount are only asked once. Every time after this, employees will just need to sign in with their Intuit account.
What if my employee’s W-2 tab is blank or there is no W-2 tab after signup?
Employee – If you do not come across the W-2 tab after you sign in to QuickBooks Workforce, most likely your W-2s haven’t been yet uploaded by your employer. To confirm if W-2s have been uploaded, Please contact your employer.
Employer -If W-2s have already uploaded by you (and it’s between late December through January) it can take 24-48 hours for them to become visible in QuickBooks Workforce. This happens due to high volume of customer uploads at this time of year.
If the issue lasts longer than 48 hours there might be a system issue.
- Are other employees facing the same problem? If yes, most likely there was an issue with the W-2 upload. Try again. Upload your W-2s one more time and wait 48 hours for them to appear. If the W-2s are still not visible, contact QuickBooks Workforce Support for extra help.
- Is the issue only taking place for a single employee? If yes, it is most going to be a data problem for that individual employee. Contact QuickBooks Workforce Support for extra help.
Will employees have access to W-2s from previous years?
QuickBooks Workforce will not support W-2s from previous years. Employees will need to contact their employer for information about previous W-2s.
How are employees able to access their W-2s in QuickBooks Workforce?
Here’s how it is made possible:
- Sign in to your account on: paychecks.intuit.com
- Select the W-2 (Important: Employees are just required to select the tab. As long as W-2s have been uploaded, employees’ W-2s will appear.)
When signing up for Workforce, are the employees also signing up for an Intuit account?
When employees get to the new QuickBooks Workforce landing page, they come across an option to either Sign Up or Sign In. Both of these refer to Intuit accounts.
If the employees try to Sign Up (for QuickBooks Workforce), but they already have an existing Intuit account, a message will be prompted saying that they have an existing account and instead are required to sign in.
Employees don’t having an Intuit account will have to sign up for a new account. Just having an Intuit account will allow them to sign in to QuickBooks Workforce. However, until they verify their Social Security number and net pay check amount they won’t have access to any pay checks or their W-2.
Will employees be able to print as well as save their W-2s as PDF files from Workforce?
Yes, the will be provided with this feature. They will just asked to select the Download W-2 button to save the W-2 as a PDF file. From there, the employee can also print the PDF file like normal.
If the employees are working for two different companies. Will they still be able to see their W-2s using the same Workforce account?
Yes. After an employee signs in to QuickBooks Workforce and gets access to their pay check from the first company, they will have access to a drop-down that will allow employees to switch between companies. And to “add a new company” to view pay checks from them.
In case the employee is new to QuickBooks Workforce, they’ll have to verify their net pay check amount and Social Security number again for that new company. Once they do so, that dropdown will now show both companies. And the employee will be able to switch between viewing pay checks from these two companies by using the dropdown.
Once this is established, they will be able to toggle between both companies to also see their W-2s.
Are there any browser restrictions for viewing W-2s in Workforce?
Yes, employees will have to choose only among the following browsers in order to view their W-2s online:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
When will TurboTax and Workforce for the employees have access to the W-2s?
Typically, this process should be needs to be immediate. And it should be available right after employers send the W-2s to Intuit. However, there may be a 24-48 hour delay during busy times as we process the incoming W-2s
We recommend you check back in a day or two if the W-2s aren’t available in QuickBooks Workforce right away.
W-2s that are printed from QuickBooks Workforce or printed from TurboTax Online are not considered official copies. Employers must send their employees a paper copy of the official W-2.
We hope that you could understand properly about Access W-2s in Workforce. If you still have any question or have any doubt then not to worry and be sure that we will get you away with all your queries. You may call our QuickBooks Customer Care USA executive on our toll-free number. There are other mediums also to contact us. You may contact us via chat support or even reach out to us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.