In this article, you will learn how you can perform troubleshooting if you are having problems opening QuickBooks Desktop or your company file. The QuickBooks support team helps to get you back to business in no time by guiding with the solutions to resolve issues related to opening the QuickBooks program or specific QuickBooks company file.
Before performing Troubleshooting:
1. A user needs to make sure that the issue is with their company file and not with the program before they troubleshoot the company file. Also, ensure to update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
You can contact QuickBooks support to know how to update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
a) Double click the QuickBooks Desktop icon while holding the Ctrl key at the same time.
b) Note: hold the Ctrl key until No Company Open window in QuickBooks appears.
c) If the program does not open, contact QuickBooks support immediately for help.
d) If the company window appears, proceed with the next step given below.
2. Keep the hosting on from the server and make sure to turn off the hosting on all other computers. Only one computer should be hosting your company file.
a) Click on Utilities from QuickBooks file menu.
b) You need to stop multi-user access. Click on Stop hosting multi-user access. Quick tip: if Stop hosting multi-user access doesn’t appear on the screen, it indicates that hosting is currently turned off on that computer.
c) Proceed once you encounter that hosting is disabled on that computer.
3. Ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop Program is not corrupted by Opening a sample company file .if you get an error while opening the company file, proceed with Solution 7.
If the issue still persists, proceed with the solutions given below.
Solution 1: Open the QuickBooks Company File directly from QuickBooks Desktop
If there is a problem with your company file than you can resolve it by moving it to your Windows desktop. This will resolve the issues with folder permission.
1. Go to QuickBooks file menu and select Open or restore company.
2. Select the appropriate type of your company file to open.
3. Browse the location where your company file is stored.
4. Choose your file and click on Open.
Note: if you open a .QBX, .QBB or .QBM file you will be required to choose a location to restore the file.
Solution 2: Prevent automatic opening of your QuickBooks Desktop Windows
Suppress your company file windows from opening automatically if many windows are open.
1. Select the company file On the No Company Open window.
2. Open the file while holding the ALT key at the same time.
Note: If a login window appears, type the password and click OK while holding the ALT key. Do not let go of the ALT key until the company file opens.
Follow the steps given below if you are able to open your company file without error.
1. Select Preferences from the edit menu.
2. Select Desktop View and click on don’t save the desktop.
3. Click on OK.
Solution 3: Rename your company files .TLG and .ND Extensions
Renaming TLG and ND files can help to resolve the issue.
1. Go to the folder where your company file is stored.
2. Locate the files with the extension .tlg and .nd .The files have the same name as that of your company file. Rename both the files.
Example: [company file name] OLD.qbw.TLG.
[Company file name]OLD.qbw.ND
3. New .TLG and .ND files will be created automatically once you open your company file again.
• Do not delete .TLG files as these files are used to recover lost data.
• To prevent the error in future, it is recommended to copy the transaction log file along with the company file whenever you move data from one computer to another.
Solution 4: locate your company file to another Location
You are required to shift your company file from a network drive to the local drive of the computer you are working on. If the file opens on the local drive than troubleshoot your network configuration. You can use QuickBooks file doctor tool for this process.
1. Create a folder in your local drive, i.e. C: drive.
2. Go to the original folder where your company file is stored.
3. Select your company file (.qbw) and the corresponding.TLG file by holding the Ctrl key simultaneously.
4. Copy the files that you have selected.
5. Paste the files in the new folder that you created on the local drive.
Note: If you are unable to paste the file to a new location than possibly the file is being accessed by some other person at the same time. You would need to ask the user to log out in order to copy the file to your local drive.
Solution 5: Check your QuickBooks Company file Properties and Extension
1. Go to the folder where your company file is stored.
2. Choose Properties by right-clicking the company file.
3. Ensure that the Type of File is QuickBooks Company file and the File size should be at least 7MB.
4. Select Advanced and ensure that Compress and Encrypt attribute boxes are kept unchecked.
5. Select OK.
If your company file doesn’t have a proper file extension then it may cause an error. For more information on company file extensions, you can consult QuickBooks support experts.
Solution 6: Rename your QuickBooks Company File
1. Open the folder containing your company file.
2. Rename the file by simply right-clicking on the file and choosing rename option.
3. The name of the file should not exceed 3 letters. Important: ensure to keep the file extension original (.qbw, .qbb, etc).
4. Rename .TLG file as well if it is available.
Solution 7: QuickBooks Desktop Program Installation troubleshooting
You can check if there is a problem with your company file or the system. Move your QuickBooks company file to another computer and try to open it there. If you are successful in opening your company file on another computer then there is a possibility that there are problems on the first computer with QuickBooks, or the system itself.
Go through the following steps, to test your company file after each step until you succeed to open it.
1. Use the QBInstall tool.
2. Proceed to repair the QuickBooks installation.
3. Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install
For more information, contact QuickBooks DeskTop Support.