With the help of this article, the QuickBooks support team will help you to know possible causes and solution to error: 80070057. If you want to use QuickBooks in a multi-user environment you must have sufficient permissions to access and modify the file.
Causes for error 80070057
• A user must be trying to open QuickBooks company file directly rather than opening the file from inside QuickBooks Desktop.
• A user must be trying to open a company file located in a folder on a desktop or laptop which is not connected to the network.
• Third party software must be interrupting the communication.
• The antivirus must be blocking some uncommon ports at the time when there is data traffic between computers. Database service running on the host computer is used by QuickBooks Desktop version 2018, 2017, and 2016. Ports 56728 (2018), 56727 (2017), and 56726 (2016) are used respectively by QuickBooks desktop to communicate to database services. By default, these ports are blocked by the antivirus, Bit Defender (if used).
• To open a file which is stored on the external drive or flash drive, it is recommended to first copy the file to your hard drive and then open it from there.
• In case you encounter an error while installing QuickBooks desktop, Call QuickBooks Support.
To resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057 perform the solutions given below.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks as administrator
1. Close the running QuickBooks and open it again.
2. Right click on the program icon and Choose Run as administrator.
Solution 2: open your company file from inside the QuickBooks
Once QuickBooks has been launched, open the company file from inside the program and NOT by double-clicking the company file.
1. press Windows key on your keyboard, and select All Programs.
Note: For Windows 8 and 10 users, enter in QuickBooks.
2. Choose the appropriate version of QuickBooks that you want to open.
3. Your company file will open automatically. If not then select the company file, and click to open.
Solution 3: relocate your company file to a local drive
In order to give access to your file to all the computers, you are required to Move your Company File to a local folder. You can locate your company file to a folder on the C:\ drive.
Solution 4: Update your QuickBooks desktop to the latest release
QuickBooks desktop which you are using must always be updated to the latest release. To get assistance with updating QuickBooks, you can contact QuickBooks support.
Solution 5: Using QuickBooks File Doctor tool
If none of the above solutions work, download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool to repair damage on your QuickBooks desktop.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 800070057 manually?
Follow the steps given below to fix the error manually.
1. User needs to rename the .nd file.
a. Open the folder in which your company file is stored.
b. Find the file with the extension .nd. The name of the file will be the same as that of your company file name.
c. Choose to rename the file.
d. Add .old at the end of the file name.
2. Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager to rescan your file.
Note: This step should only be performed on the server and if your company file is being used over the network.
a. Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Use the windows key and the search field to look for it.
b. Click on Add Folder .this will display Browse Folder window on your screen.
c. From the browse folder window, select the folder where your company file is located and click on OK.
d. Click on Scan once the folder is selected.
e. Open the company file again once the scan is completed.
Check your firewall software settings
1. You are required to properly configure firewall security settings for your QuickBooks desktop.
2. The user needs to allow proper Internet access to the QuickBooks Desktop files on all computers.
3. If configuration settings don’t resolve the issue, we recommend you to uninstall and install your firewall again.
Note: for assistance with firewall settings, you may directly reach our tech experts .
Allow QuickBooks desktop communication by Configuring BitDefender
1. Choose Antivirus from the BitDefender 10.0 main menu.
2. Choose Custom level > Exclude path from scan.
3. Click on the new item button.
4. Browse the company file by Selecting the mapped drive or UNC path.
• You need to exclude QuickBooks program directories if you have installed some other Internet security software on your computer. You can locate the directories in:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Company Files\.