This article will guide you how you can update your QuickBooks desktop to the latest release with the help of QuickBooks support. With all passing days the necessity of humans increases, so as for the software. In order to meet up your budding requirements, QuickBooks gets updated with whole new features. Then you must also require updating your QuickBooks to avail all the features and benefits. Our support team will help you to update your QuickBooks desktop with the latest release.
You may either update your QuickBooks desktop automatically or manually. If you keep your auto update on, your QuickBooks will start updating automatically, whether the software is running or not. Once the features are launched it will get updated to the latest release. Or if you want to update the software all by yourself, you can turn off the auto-update feature, and update it manually. We recommend you to update your software once a month.
QuickBooks support has explained below both the ways to update your QuickBooks
Note: only a small change to the database is required to update to the latest release. The data file will be compatible with the previous release as well, so you don’t need to worry about that.
Updating to the latest release is quite different from upgrading to the new product version. The changes required are some minor changes.
Check for the latest QuickBooks Desktop patch?
1. Open your QuickBooks and press the F2 key (or Ctrl+1) on your keyboard.
2. Check the current version and release you will find it On the Product Information window,
3. Check for the latest release available for your product:
• QuickBooks 2019
• QuickBooks 2018
• QuickBooks 2017
• QuickBooks 2016
For Manual update: There are three options available to update your QuickBooks manually
Option 1: using the internet to update to the latest release
1. Go to the Downloads & Updates page.
2. Select your QuickBooks product, From the Select Product drop-down that appears.
3. Select the appropriate version or year, From the Select Version drop-down,
4. Click on Search.
5. Choose the latest updates, and then click on Save File option to start the download.
6. One the update is downloaded, double click on the file and follow the steps prompted on the screen to install the update.
You may require restarting your computer once the installation is completed.
If you want to install the updates across your network (to other computers connected), you can:
a. Use the same install file from another computer, which you downloaded on this computer.
b. First Copy the install file to a flash drive, and then to the desktop of another computer.
Option 2: using the pre-installed QuickBooks desktop to update to the latest release
1. From the File menu, select Close Company/Logoff. (You need to perform this step for each company file that is open if you have multiple company files on your QuickBooks)
2. Go to the File menu again, and click Exit.
3. Open QuickBooks, as administrator.
4. Go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks. Ensure to be on the NO Company open screen.
5. From the Options tab, select Mark All and click Save.
6. From the Update Now tab, mark the Reset Update box.
7. Click on Get Updates button.
8. Close QuickBooks once the update is completed.
9. Launch QuickBooks desktop again. Click yes on the prompt asking to install the updates.
10. Restart your computer once the installation is completed.
In order to process payroll in QuickBooks desktop, download the latest payroll tax table if you have an active Payroll subscription.
Option 3: using Critical Fixes (ULIP)
ULIP (Ultra Light Patch) is a feature in QuickBooks Desktop where minor critical fixes can be delivered without the need for an actual release patch. The patch release process will continue as is (R releases such as 2017 R5).
To apply critical fixes, follow the same steps as given in option 2.make sure that you select Critical Fixes before you perform the update procedure.
For Automatic update: there are two options available to update your QuickBooks automatically
Option 1: Download and install automatically NOW
1. Go to Help menu, and choose Update QuickBooks.
2. Click on Update now tab from the Update QuickBooks window. Ignore the table that appears as no other changes are required.
3. Check the Reset Update box to erase all previous update downloads. (Note: This may increase the update time)
4. Click on Get Updates.
5. Once the update is completed, launch QuickBooks again and follow the prompting screens to install the update.
Option 2: Download and install automatically later
1. Go to Help menu, and choose Update QuickBooks.
2. Select the Options tab available on the Update QuickBooks window,
3. Select the radio button for Yes to turn on automatic update for QuickBooks
4. You can also select the radio button for Yes. (Optional) To share automatic downloads on your network computers
5. Click on Close. The latest release will be downloaded and updated when available.
To know more about updating QuickBooks Database Server Manager, contact our QuickBooks Customer Support team on our toll-free number 1 (877) 227 2303.