Today we will discuss how to resolve QuickBooks error 103 when you connect your bank to QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Self-Employed with the help of QuickBooks Support USA.
If you are working and sudden get an error 103, it usually means the user ID or password is incorrect for the bank account to which you are trying to connect. No need to worry, here we are to resolve this error for both existing and new connections in your QuickBooks Application.
There are another way through which you can connect your bank or credit card account to QuickBooks Online.
Step 1: Need to confirm your sign-in info is correct
If you are using correct user ID & password for your bank account then you will notice that it will always good for your account security.
- You can open a new window in your web browser and go directly to your bank’s website.
- You can also make a note of the web address (such as https://www.bank.com).
- log in with the credential that you have. Note: In case, if you have separate accounts with the bank (such as a business account and a personal account), sign in to the account you want to fix in QuickBooks.
- When user log in successfully, then they will get to know that the user ID and password are correct. In case, if user getting any kind of error, we will suggest to follow your bank’s instructions to get your user ID, reset your password, or both.
Once you are good to go with user ID and password, move on to step 2.
Step 2: Users can turn on third-party access if it is your banks requirement
If you want to connect your account to another service, you will find that some banks need your permission even including QuickBooks Online. While you visit your bank’s website, if they needed any details related to this, then we will request you to follow your bank’s instructions to turn it on.
In case, if you’re trying to connect a KeyBank account to QuickBooks, here are the steps to turn on third-party access:
- Click & go to key.com or ibx.key.com.
- You need to log in to the account, if you want to connect to QuickBooks.
- Click & select User Profile.
- User can switch on Third Party Access in the password & security option.
- If all are ok then select Yes to confirm your choice.
Step 3: You need to enter your bank sign-in info in QuickBooks
With the given following steps, you are able to sign in your bank account.
For an existing connection
- Click & select Banking from the menu list.
- Click & select the bank or credit card account which you need to update.
- Click & select Edit ✎.
- Click & select Edit sign-in info.
- In case, if your web browser auto-fills your credentials, clear them. This ensures that your browser doesn’t put in old info by mistake.
- You can manually type the credentials in your bank account. If your bank offers a Show option, select it so you can confirm you entered the password correctly.
- Now, Click & select Update.
For a new connection.
- Select Banking by clicking on the left menu.
- If user is connecting an account for the first time, then they need to select Connect account on the landing page. Or if they have already connected with online banking, we will suggest them to select Link account Add transactions and then Add account.
- You can enter your bank’s web address (such as http://www.bank.com) that you got from visiting the bank’s website. Or, enter your bank’s name.
- Now, you need to select your bank which are showing in the search results.
- In case, if you find that your web browser auto-fills the user ID and password fields, clear them. It will ensure you that your browser doesn’t put in old info by mistake.
- You can manually type the credentials of your bank account. If your bank offers a Show option, select it so you can confirm you entered the password correctly.
- Click & select Continue.
- You will receive a message that your bank should connect successfully now. If you see error 103 again, click & select Go back. Repeat step 4.
In case, if still getting any error?
In that scenario, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Customer Support Experts, they will with you to fix this problem.