The error “QuickBooks was unable to back up your company file” can appear when backing up the company file. QuickBooks was unable to generate a disc image.”
It usually happens whenever there is an issue with the company file, such as when it is corrupted or compromised, or when the location of the company file lacks the required permissions. We’ve spoken about the causes of this problem and how to solve it in this post. If you have any questions or need additional details, please contact our QuickBooks error support team; our experts will gladly assist you.
Some of the potential causes of QuickBooks company file backup failure
- The backup route for company files is no longer available.
- If you make a copy on an external USB/Hard drive, it’s possible that it won’t be readable.
- The name of the company file is longer than 65 characters. The company file may be corrupted.
Simple Solutions to the Error “Unable to Backup QuickBooks Company File”
- The first step is to update QuickBooks Desktop.
- You must first launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, go to the support menu and pick Update QuickBooks Desktop from there.
- Then, from the end, pick the Update Now tab and press Get Updates.
- When the update is over, press Close.
Step 2: Rebuild and verify the data
Verify the Information
- To begin with, Navigate to File, then Utilities.
- Then click OK after selecting Verify Data.
- The process begins by validating the company file; based on the file size, this can take some time.
- To see the status of the company register, press OK.
- Go to File and select Utilities from the drop-down menu.
- Select Rebuild Data afterwards.
- It may prompt you to make a backup, and you may run into the same issue. If this occurs, please continue with the steps below.
Step 3 : Change the location of the company’s backup files
It’s a good idea to make a test folder on your desktop before changing the company file backup route.
- Right-click anywhere on the Desktop computer.
- After that, go to File, New, and then Folder.
- Give the folder the name “Test.”
To change the company file backup route, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- To begin, go to File and select Backup Company from the drop-down menu.
- Simply click Create Local Backup, then select Local Backup, and then click Next.
- After that, choose Browse.
- Select Desktop and afterwards click on the newly generated “Test” folder. Then click OK.
- You must press OK once more.
- Select “Save Now” and then “Next.”
- After that, choose Save.
If you get the same error message, follow the measures below, but if you don’t, it implies there was an issue with the previous backup site.
Step 4: Get QuickBooks File Doctor and run it.
- By holding CTRL+J, you can go to your download in QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click QuickBooksToolsHub.exe from your downloads folder.
- To enable this app to undergo modifications, select Yes.
- Then tap Next to install it, and thereafter Yes to approve the licence agreement once more.
- After that, click Next. Set up (It may take some time)
- When the installation is over, press Finish.
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on the desktop)
- Press Run QuickBooks File Doctor under the Company File Issues tab.
- Pick the company file by clicking Browse.
- Choose Examine the network and file systems.
- After that simply tap on continue
- Select Next after entering the QuickBooks Admin password.
Then the scan begins; based on the scale of the company’s files, this will take some time. Your problem can be overcome once the scan is completed. If not, please continue with the measures provided beneath.
Step 5 : Transfer the Company File to a New Location
- To open File Explorer, click the Windows+E keys together.
- On your computer’s left screen, choose This PC.
- Now enter * QBW under the search tab in the top right corner to open the company register.
- The company file can take some time to display. Once you’ve found the company file, right-click it and choose Properties.
- You could see the company’s location.
- Right-click on the company file and select Save As.
- After that make a copy
Make a test folder on your computer’s desktop.
● Right-click anywhere on the Desktop computer.
● Thereafter, select New, and then Folder.
● Assign the folder the name “Test.”
● To pass the file, open the Test folder and right-click and choose Paste.
Open the file from the Test folder then.
● To begin, launch QuickBooks Desktop.
● Afterward, go to File and select Open or Restore Business.
● Make a decision to create a new Company register.
● After this press the Next button.
● Open the Test folder from the Desktop menu.
● Click Open after selecting the company file.
So now that the company file is open from a different site, try creating a backup, and even if the issue persists, please continue.
Step 6: Remove any special or extra characters from the file name of the company.
To resolve the issue, delete the extra character from the company file name.
Move to the location of the company’s files.
- To open File Explorer, tap the Windows+E keys simultaneously.
- On your computer’s left screen, choose This PC.
- Then type the * QBW underneath the search tab to open the company register in the top right corner.
- The company file can take some time to display. When you see the company file, right-click it and choose Open File Location.
- To get rid of any special or extra characters from the company file
- Right-click on the business file and select Properties.
- After that select Rename.
It is recommended that the business file’s accurate name be kept without special characters.
- Open QuickBooks
- Choose whether to start a new business or revive an existing one.
- Tap next after selecting Open a company file.
- Move to the location of the company file and then press Open.
Make another backup of the company file.
After completing all of the procedures above, you would no longer receive the message “QuickBooks was unable to back up your company file.” QuickBooks could not generate a disc image,” but if the problem persists, please contact our QuickBooks Support Phone Number team, who will assist you in resolving the issue. You can also contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. More information about QuickBooks can be found at www.quickbooksupport.net.