QuickBooks is an accounting program that is commonly used by businesses to handle their financial and accounting needs. However, QuickBooks will sometimes experience unexpected errors. Take, for example, error 101. This error is classified as a scripting error because it occurs when the window fails to execute the command required to run web-based applications. QuickBooks needs the proper functioning of Windows applications such as ActiveX, Java,.NET platform, and flash player in order to run. If such windows components fail, it will not only influence QuickBooks Online, but also QuickBooks desktop and online service center. When you run into QuickBooks Error 101, you may have issues linking your bank account to QuickBooks online. In this blog we will discuss the various causes and the ways to eradicate the QuickBooks error code 101. If you need help with QuickBooks, please contact our QuickBooks support team, and one of our experts will be happy to help you.
What is the cause of Error 101?
- There may be issues with the design of Windows. The banking server has malfunctioned.
- It’s possible that Flash, Java, the.NET platform, and ActiveX would fail to run.
- Internet Explorer settings may be incorrect, making it difficult for QuickBooks to link to the internet.
- NET platform and other Windows elements may be obsolete. QuickBooks’ online display feature may be hampered by ActiveX controls.
- The user interface Script debugging may be disabled.
How can QuickBooks Error 101 be resolved?
Method 1: Reconfigure Internet Explorer so that it can work properly with the QB online.
- To get started, open Internet Explorer and then press the Gear Icon in the top right corner.
- Now go to the Internet option, then to the Security tab, and finally to Trusted pages.
- Now select Sites from the drop-down menu, and then add the website field form https://*.intuit.com.
- Now select Add, and then add https://*.QuikBooks.com in the same manner.
- Scroll down to Miscellaneous under the customer level upon clicking Close.
- Toggle the Allow Cross-domain Requests option on and then press OK.
Resetting the pop-up settings in Internet Explorer.
- Choose the ‘Advanced’ tab under the ‘Privacy’ tabs, and then check the box next to the ‘Override the automatic Cookie Handling’ option.
- Try to ensure that both first and third-party cookies are accepted in your browser’s settings.
- You must now select the option to “still allow session cookies.” Click OK to save your changes.
ActiveX controls are allowed.
- You must choose the Custom level under the Security tab’s ‘Internet options.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Internet zone to find ActiveX controls and plugins.
- You must now allow various controls such as “Download signed ActiveX controls,” “Download signed ActiveX controls,” and “Download signed ActiveX controls,” among others.
- Then you must run the ActiveX controls and plugins options, which includes binary and script behaviors, script ActiveX controls marked secure for scripting, and then perhaps you should run the ActiveX controls and plugins options.
- You must shut down Internet Explorer.
1) Changing the encrypted page settings and enabling TLS 1.2.
Make sure that ‘Use TLS 1.2′ is tested under the Advanced tab’s settings. You must locate and uncheck the box labeled “Do not save Encrypted pages to disk,” then click OK.
2) On Windows, updating the.NET framework, JAVA, and Adobe Flash Player.
You must download and update the most recent version of JAVA and Flash player. You must also obtain the most recent.NET updates from the manufacturer’s website.
3)Updating the Banking in QuickBooks online manually.
To begin, you must first open QuickBooks online, and afterwards navigate to the ‘Dashboard.’ Go to the Banking section of the dashboard and from there to the Banking option. Then go to the Update tab in QuickBooks and continue to update online banking there.
Hopefully, the information in the preceding article will assist you in resolving QuickBooks Error 101. If you continue to have problems, please contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number, and our specialist will gladly assist you. If you have any concerns, you can reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.quickbooksupport.net for more information.