In some cases, you can see several crashes of QuickBooks a day. One such example is when reports are exported to Excel, and QuickBooks crashes or simply stops reacting. One of the apparent causes for the error could be an unsupported version of the programme. Nevertheless, some other causes for “QuickBooks Crashes Error” can also impede the progress of your work. Other instances of this mistake could be seen as-
- When sending an email or emailing invoices, QuickBooks crashes
- QuickBooks crashes when company files are opened or modified
- QuickBooks crashes when the search register opens
- QuickBooks crashes when account reconciling
- When it is closed or restarted, QuickBooks will crash
If you have any issues operating in QuickBooks, please contact QuickBooks customer service to get prompt troubleshooting assistance.
Potential explanation behind desktop crashes of QuickBooks when exporting to Excel
Only 256 columns support earlier versions of MS Excel, and if your report reaches this cap, then the export will not be completed, crashing QuickBooks in no time. Any of the common reasons why “QuickBooks Desktop Working Error” is caused
- Microsoft Excel is not compatible with the latest edition of QuickBooks.
- Corrupt or impaired QuickBooks or Microsoft Office installations
- It may be the troublesome information or report that causes trouble exporting to Excel
- The file registry does not usually function.
- When exporting to excel, if any of the possible conditions exist, QuickBooks keeps crashing several times a day and prevents you from completing any on-going task.
How to fix an error when exporting to Excel from the QuickBooks
By setting down its triggers, exporting from QuickBooks to excel issue can be solved. Below are some of the most powerful solutions you can use to fix the error.
Solution 1: Make sure that they are compliant with QuickBooks & MS Office
If, due to the incompatible programme and MS Office, QuickBooks crashes, then you need to ensure that the compatibility problem is solved. In the first place, if you are using QuickBooks 2016 or later versions of the programme, you need to review their device specifications. Also, ensure the installation of Windows 10 with the 64-bit version. If it crashes again with QuickBooks, then jump to the next solution.
Solution 2: Upgrade to the New Edition of QuickBooks
- Update QuickBooks to the latest version to ensure optimum performance and utmost security for the programme.
- On your system, open the application
- Navigate to the main menu, then press ‘Update.’
- Wait for the termination of the update process.
- Before starting the update process, don’t forget to create a secure Internet connection.
- Continued crash/freezing of QuickBooks? The next solution, try.
Solution 3: Restore QuickBooks Desktop
Before restoring the QuickBooks Desktop, do not skip preparing the installation CD for QuickBooks Desktop. Also, to prevent the solution from any data loss, back up the company file. You can uninstall any unwanted software from the Program & Features section of QuickBooks. Choose QuickBooks and opt for Uninstall/Change. Until the repair process is done, obey the on-screen instructions. If QuickBooks Crashes even after the efficient completion of this error-resolution process, when you export to excel, you must follow the next solution.
Solution 4: Make use of Data Usefulness Verification & Reconstruction
The utility Verify Data allows you to find out if there is any data harm in your company file. You can repair the popular data damage in the programme and resume your work progress with the help of Restore Data. Run the Check Data utility again after using the Restore Data to ensure that all the damage has been repaired.
Note: While using the QuickBooks Crashes Error tool, make sure the QuickBooks is modified to the latest version and no programme is running on Windows.
If any of the critical elements of the steps to resolve the “QuickBooks Crashes Error” are ignored or not correctly executed, then perhaps the error can resume while exporting QuickBooks to MS excel. Not Fret! To receive immediate assistance from seasoned QB experts, you can call our QuickBooks customer support number. Once the mistake is repaired by dedicated QuickBooks experts, you won’t see QuickBooks crashing or freezing. You can receive assistance by emailing us at (email@example.com). You may, however, visit our website at www.quickbooksupport.net for more QuickBooks-relevant products.