The QuickBooks app is the popular software being used by the small and medium-sized companies. It is Intuit-developed software. This program lets you track, procure and enter all financial transactions, control orders, sales and inventories, handle payrolls, maintain accounts of clients and vendors, and many other items to track the company’s income and expenses.
In this article we will discuss the methods to resolve the XML Errors or XML Document Errors in the QuickBooks.
In QuickBooks Point of Sale, you can encounter errors in XML documents and this concern is referred to as QuickBooks POS XML Documents Mistake.
Error alerts prompt you to specify “There is an error in the XML Document (0, 0)” on your computer.
Error showing that The file is not being accessed by the process C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v(x)\SessionData.xml as it has been used by some other process.
In case you need more information about the QuickBooks get in touch with our QuickBooks point of sale support and our experts will help you.
Possible Sources of Error in an XML Document
- Any other possibilities or causes of an error that could occur in an XML document are given below:
- If your Session Data.xml file is infected or disfigured,
- Damaged or Compromised Sales Point of QuickBooks Desktop Entitlement Database archive
Methods for XML Error Correction in the QuickBooks
To fix XML errors in QuickBooks, Intuit proposes two solutions. In several examples, the problem has been completely solved with the very first approach, so you can attempt to analyze everything to fix XML errors. In order to get the optimum results or to be ignorant of the root triggers, the solutions are applied in the same sequence here.
Solution 1: Inside the Entitlement Archive, remove files
- Click the Windows + R key to open the keyboard check drawer.
- In the Search Area, type Services.msc manually, then press Enter
- Right-click Intuit Entitlement Utility vX (where X is the largest amount of iterations you will see and pick Avoid
- Leave or lock the frame. You may also follow these steps to view secret files and directories, or use Windows to scan for files.
Note: To learn how to use Windows to access files and directories or scan for files, contact Intuit or IT specialists who will help you with this.
- Pick Reveal secret files, directories, and drives, and then press to remove the checkbox Hide Safe System Operating Files.
- In the left window, access C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vX and uninstall all the files inside the folder.
Solution 2: Fix QuickBooks desktop Point of Sale
Monitor whether or not the Point of Sale is working to patch the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation, ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is not running and then apply the measures for your operating system. You must go through the measures listed below to patch an installed installation:
- To open the Machine Browser on your keyboard, press Windows
Note: Press the Computer tab if you are operating for Windows 10, 8.1, and 8.
- You can either press Uninstall or Change Software to visit the QB POS download window directly.
- Touch next and press Repair (Some Windows versions might say Repair to correct the QB POS).
- Select your version of the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, then press Uninstall or Shift.
- Tap next in the QuickBooks Point of sale activation slot, after this click the Repair Radio button.
- Click the Next button one more time and then the Fix button.
- Wait until the repair process is successfully finished, then press to end the process on the Finish button.
- To check if it is restored or still the same, run the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Note: Restoring an existing installation of the QuickBooks Point of Sale tends to trigger errors that can occur when downloading or using QB POS.
If the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale patch does not work or if the problem continues, then you need to cleanly reinstall the QB Desktop Point of Sale.
Solution 3: Execute a QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Clean Reinstallation.
And after this query, “what is the need to perform a clean reinstallation” comes up? We have to do this because, after installation or using the app, clean reinstallation helps fix issues. We also listed fewer measures for uninstalling or reinstalling the QuickBooks Point of Sale on your PC in the following section.
Point to be noted: Before beginning to implement the measures for a clean installation, please ensure that all of these have been met:
- Backup Your Business File Created
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale file or the installation CD.
- Availability of product numbers and licenses
- You must sign in as a Windows Administrator before the measures are enforced.
- You should reset the PC or laptop you are operating on.
Phase 1: Uninstall the QuickBooks Point of Sale
- To open the Run Window on your device keyboard, press the Windows + R key.
- Enter the “Control Panel” button and press the OK button.
- Tap on the features and programs
Note: If you see a Control Panel within the Category View, press Uninstall Prog.
- In the list of programs, pick QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0, then continue to either Uninstall or Modify.
- You can execute this process efficiently at the end by following the on-screen prompts.
Phase 2: Renaming all of the QuickBooks Point of sale Files
If you are trying to delete the QuickBooks Desktop POS from the cloud computer or from the computer where your PO data files have been temporarily stored, you ought to copy and paste the QuickBooks POS data folder to the Desktop. Intuit advises that you use “OLD” or “NEW” at the end of the folder name when generating a new file/folder from the old one so that you can quickly find it without any ambiguity.
- We have listed the positions of the set folder here:
- C:\Users\Public\Intuit\Public Documents\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\ QuickBooks POS XXX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Client Entitlement\v8
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale 18.0
Delete Windows User QBPOSDBSrv:
- Select Windows Start and press on the Control Panel button.
- Pick User Profiles and click Manage Other Accounts.
- In the User Account Control pane, press Proceed.
- Choose QBP users and afterwards tap on the Delete the account
- Search whether the folder has been removed or is still there. Restart your computer until you are confident you will be removed.
Phase 3: Point of Sale re-installation
- You have to do the same to reinstall the QB POS whatever you did in your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation process. If you don’t know what you’ve done before, check out the Intuit site where you get answers for all your installation questions. Check it out now to correct the errors.
Phase 4: Reset the Company File
Note: If you are already unable to backup, restore the qbpos.db file from the data folder that you have pasted to your screen.
- To open it, select your QuickBooks Point of Sale, create a new company file with a different name so that you can remember it quickly, and then restore the created backup. If the file is recovered, you must ensure that the file contains specific details, check the file, and then exit it. Try to open it once again after a few seconds to check if it is opened or not or has any errors. If it is restored without an error problem, easily connect to other POS devices and if necessary, connect to QuickBooks Desktop only.
- Record the QuickBooks Point of Sale once again.
Note: After any licensing files have been shared by the QuickBooks Desktop and Point of Sale, make sure that you can still open the QuickBooks Desktop and register if possible. If you try to remove/delete a data folder, first transfer the data from that folder to another separate folder, such as Public Information or Shared Documents, and then obviously do not delete it so that you can access the data in the future whenever possible.
After providing above solutions provided by Intuit for the same problem i.e. how to fix XML errors in the QuickBooks, we completed this phase here. Often when fixing POS XML Document mistake, users face small internal challenges, they are looking for technical assistance to correct the question at that moment. If you need technical assistance, contact us on our QuickBooks Point of Sale Support and start seeking support from our experts present at the QuickBooks Error Support, not only provide you with technical support, but also offer alternative strategies to fix errors so that errors will not occur in the future. You can get assistance by contacting us at (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also visit our web site at www.quickbooksupport.net for more QuickBooks-related stuff.