It’s a simple error that many QuickBooks users frequently encounter when QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t open. Fortunately, solving this problem is not very hard. The QuickBooks can fail to start or freeze when you click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your computer screen. There are lots of problems that affect this loss and prohibit the opening of the QuickBooks. In certain situations, the issue can be solved by merely rebooting your machine. And if it doesn’t, you should implement some of the reliable preventive maintenance.
In This article we will brief you with several effective approaches to get rid of the QuickBooks desktop won’t open error. You should therefore read this article cautiously until the end, in order to get rid of the problem. In addition, if you are short of time or find like addressing this problem is beyond your control, then we suggest you to approach our QuickBooks professionals. Through our toll-free phone, you can contact our accounting professionals and tell them your issue and get it resolved by them.
Our consultants and professional desktop support team from QuickBooks will guarantee that instant support services are offered.
Let us understand what is a QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error
Once this QuickBooks error occurs, you get a popup message on your screen that states “QuickBooks won’t open or stopped running.” But, it is not required that you will always see this message in case of QuickBooks Desktop won’t appear error, sometimes even without any warning message your device can slow down or stop reacting while opening a company file. This is an error in the company file and you may even get error notices on the computer for Error 1603, QuickBooks Error 1935 or QuickBooks Error 1402.
Now let us move to the potential causes and remedies to fix the QuickBooks won’t open error.
Some of the Reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error
A large range of factors can trigger the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error. And some of the most common explanations are given below:
- In case the company name is longer than required.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is either incomplete or corrupt.
- A corrupted hard disc can even lead to the error.
- The implementation of the QuickBooks was not adequately carried out and either inadequate or fraudulent.
- Your operating system under Microsoft Windows is impaired.
Some of the symptoms of the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error are given below.
- When you use it, QuickBooks Desktop freezes
- The edition of the QuickBooks that you use is old,
- Often your computer lags and freezes,
- Your computer records and responds slowly to the mouse and keyboards commands.
- The company file for QuickBooks does not open on your computer.
Some of the effective methods for the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error
Checkout the following measures from your QuickBooks desktop to fix this issue:
Step 1: restart your system
A stated earlier, remember to turn off and on your system before executing some other solution. Several times, simply restarting the system can resolve a seemingly serious problem.
Step 2: run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is an effective tool that can identify and correct several QuickBooks errors including the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error. If this tool is not already compatible with your software, you can install it for free from the Intuit’s official site.
Step 3: Delete the QBWUSE.INI file, or rename it.
This move will allow you to delete all of the data contained in previously opened files.
- Click Windows and E keys at the same time.
- Then Go to the Organize tab, choose Folder, then pick Options.
- Click on the Display tab
- After that Go to Advanced settings, pick hidden files and folders, view hidden files and folders, and click OK.
- Then Open My Computer, picks Drive C, and chooses Documents.
- Afterwards, Tap your user name then go to local settings, accompanied by Intuit to QuickBooks (year) and afterwards Application Info.
- thereafter Delete / Rename file QBWUSER.INI
- QuickBooks can generate a new QBWUSER.INI file itself.
Step 4: perform the clean install for the QuickBooks desktop
You should uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks if the above-mentioned measures do not solve the problem. It will update your programme to conduct a clean installation of QuickBooks desktop phase, and the new version will be updated. This is a faster and safer way to repair the opening of QuickBooks as well as other file errors.
Step 5: Use a separate location for a folder to open the file
If your file folder is corrupted or corrupt, use this move. Follow the measures listed below:
- Then Hold Windows and E keys at the same time.
- Find the data file with the extension .qbw file.
- When you are checking for a network server, validate the network drive where the file is located.
- Pick it and copy it after spotting the file (ctrl+c).
- Go to drive C and make a fresh folder.
- Offer the folder a new name, such as QBTEST, Open the newly formed folder and paste it into it.
- Find Open or Restore and Current Business in C Drive and search QBTEST
- And then open the company file in the QBTES folder.
Step 6: From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, run Quick Fix my Program
- first of all Close the QuickBooks
- And afterwards the QuickBooks tool hub file must be accessed by the user. As well, save the file at a location from where it can quickly be found. (such as a download folder or a desktop for Windows)
- Thereafter, the user must open the previously downloaded file, i.e., QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- And, follow the instructions on the computer to install and accept the terms and conditions.
- The last move is to double-click the Windows Desktop icon to open the Tool Hub when the installation is done.
- All open context processes used by the QuickBooks will be immediately shut down with the Quick fix. A fast fix can also be run on the software.
- The user has to pick the software issues in the QuickBooks tools hub for this.
- As well as, choose Quick fix my program.
- Finally, start the QuickBooks desktop and open the file with the data.
Above mentioned troubleshooting measures will allow you to repair the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error. If the problem continues, even after the solution given in this article has been applied. To let our experts address the problem on your side, you can call our QuickBooks desktop support. You can also reach us at email@example.com by writing to us. You can visit- www.quickbooksupport.net for further information. Keep in touch with our current 24 * 7 executives to direct you.