QuickBooks multi-user mode is an integrated feature in the accounting software bundle that allows more than one user to operate concurrently on the same file. For use QuickBooks in multi-user mode, every user needs to learn the QuickBooks license in. This feature lets businesses improve productivity. However, when operating on this mode, users can experience some unforeseen errors.
Several problems can occur as a user wants to view and access the company file in QuickBooks stored on a different computer. The error message stating QuickBooks multi-user mode does not work is displayed on the computer screen.
In this article we will discuss the possible causes and ways to solve the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error. To know more you can contact QuickBooks error support, our experts will assist you best to their potential.
The reason why the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error occurs.
Following are some of the most common explanations causing multi-user QuickBooks mode not to function error:
- QuickBooks on server are not installed.
- The hosting settings were incorrectly installed.
- Firewall or antivirus program blocks contact between computers and the user.
- The database server has no authority to access the company’s QuickBooks file.
- Windows permissions for files aren’t configured correctly.
Things to ensure before troubleshooting
- Download the Database server Manager for the QuickBooks.
- Make sure you have the same Database Server Manager installed as the latest QuickBooks edition.
- You must obey all of the prerequisites before going through the steps of the solution.
Requirements for QuickBooks Multi-user mode
There are two basic criteria for setting up multi-user QuickBooks mode without, which this would not be, feasible, which include:
- A QuickBooks license for more than a single user.
- Another prerequisite is to use one system as QuickBooks server.
Ways to resolve the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue
You may face issues after switching from single-user mode to multi-user mode. Below are some of the solutions offered by QuickBooks experts to fix this issue:
Method 1: Install and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor program is available for download from Intuit’s official website. This method can help you determine is your computer is configured to use QB multiuser mode correctly. Run the doctor file tool on QuickBooks and see whether the issue has been solved.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly, on the server system, open QuickBooks Database server Manager by typing a database in the Start menu.
- If folder locations can not be identified, use “Browse” to find the folder in which the company files / files are located.
- After that tap OK, and then click Scan.
The given measures will repair permissions on firewall. Now, search again whether or not the multi-user mode has been resolved for not working problem.
Method 3: Verify host mode on all user computers
Go to the QuickBooks File tab, and then Utilities, if on a user computer. If you see Multi-User Host Access on the list, switch to another computer, because this device does not host QuickBooks company file. If you see Stop Multi-User Access on the list, select that to disable hosting and allow single-user QuickBooks mode.
If you are confident that hosting mode is switched off on all user PC’s, see whether the non-working error in QuickBooks multi-user mode was resolved.
Method 4: Check if QuickBooks services are running
In order to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode, QuickBooks services such as QuickBooks DBXX (XX is the year of QuickBooks) and QBCF Monitor Service should be appropriately running on the server computer.
- On the Windows search bar, type service.msc, and press Enter key.
- Check that the QuickBooksDBXX service is mentioned inside the Services window. If there is no service, obey these steps-
When you are using the Database Server Manager, ensure it’s installed on the server. Different equivalent Database Server Manager should be installed for different years of QuickBooks Desktop installed on your computer.
Ensure hosting is available on the server in the situation that the entire program is running on the PC.
- Then, double-click the QuickBooks DBXX service and the value will appear automatically on the screen under the Startup type. Started service can be either Run or Continue.
- For the first, second and successive errors, select to restart the QuickBooks DBXX service under Recovery tab.
- Repeat the process 1 to 4 for QBCF Monitor Service given above.
Then, open QuickBooks on user computers in multi-user mode, and test whether or not QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error has been set. If the problem continues, search your QuickBooksDBXX service membership. The membership should form a part of the community of administrators. In fact, it should contain all the requisite permits.
Method 5: Make sure QuickBooks can send data
The simple solution to the existing error is listed out below:
Step1. Update the firewall and antivirus settings.
Firewall or antivirus can also cause non-working error in QB multi-user mode.
When it’s a firewall, you can create exceptions manually in the firewall settings to allow QuickBooks for transmiting data your antivirus is causing the error, customize it to repair the error.
Step 2. Check the path to see if QuickBooks is able to communicate with the server
To repair connectivity fault, you will need to toggle on Network Discovery
- Open the Windows + R key command and type ping [server name] and click enter button.
- Using the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) on the User Computer go to the shared folder on the server.
Step 3. Follow the UNC path to go to the company file.
Step 4. Make a new company file folder
- To complete this troubleshooting phase, create a new company file folder on the hosting computer. Connection to folder and Windows would be needed for the company files to be shared in the new folder.
- Build and copy a new folder, and paste the.qbw file to a new location. Test that the problem of multi-user mode has been resolved and you can access the new file.
Hope this article will help understand the ways to fix QuickBooks multi-user not working error. In case you are still facing some problem you can, call us on our QuickBooks support number. You can also write to us at email@example.com. For more information visit – www.quickbooksupport.net.